• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nicotine - I can get high as a kite in the morning

foobazbarqux

Greenlighter
I have done lots of drugs. I smoked heavily for 10+ years and then stopped for 10. I did lots of acid and everything in between non-stop from 15-25. I went on an ecstacy kick for several years that ended up ending my drug career.

I know what it feels like to get high. It's been awhile, but I remember. I've been smoking cigars the last few months, and now my routine is to get a high off one every morning.

I have done lots of drugs over many years, and the high I get from nicotine in the morning is stronger than Vicodin, Cocaine, etc.

Does anyone else get high on nicotine? How is it?

I used to smoke cigars infrequently. Every time, I got a very strong buzz that felt kind of like a cross between stims and alcohol. This was shortly followed by a splitting headache, intense nausea, and passing out for a couple hours.

I've tried a number of time and have to feel high from nicotine. I've poisoned myself in the process pretty awfully.

Best thing ive gotten from nicotine were intense dreams after putting on a patch before bed out of curiosity. Never been a smoker. Just wanted to see what would happen.

The only time I experienced a euphoric high from nicotine was in my early days of chewing tobacco. I have never enjoyed smoking cigarettes (never tried a cigar) and the euphoria from chewing tobacco was only for a relatively brief period. After that, I could still get strong effects from chewing tobacco if I put a big wad in my mouth and it had been a while since my last one, but it wouldn't give me euphoria or a high, just a headrush that I was never sure whether I was really enjoying or not. I'd enjoy the more awake, alert feeling but didn't like the nausea/dizzy feeling that would accompany it.

I theorize that people who really like tobacco experience something more along the lines of what I got a few times with chewing tobacco. Cigarettes just make me feel weird, I guess they can give a calm feeling sometimes but its very short lived and always a mix of marginally pleasurable effects with some unpleasant effects.

Yeah, when I began smoking I'd just smoke 1-3 cigarettes a day; morning, lunch and after work. Each time I'd get super dizzy, feel a bit of euphoria, and a bit of nausea. However, the nausea subsided pretty quickly, so did the euphoria, and once I didn't get dizzy anymore, I was smoking around half a pack a day.

Useless drug in my experience. I was also an idiot who BEGAN smoking by the age of 27.

I haven't experienced a 'high' from nicotine since I was a kid. lol

I immediately smoke a cigarette upon waking, even if my chest hurts & it's hard to breathe from the previous days constant chain smoking. But it's what helps start that "waking up" process.

I've noticed that I get less high from drugs in the morning, has anyone else had this experience?
I take buprenorphine, gabapentin, clonazepam & thc daily. Usually I'll dose in the morning about an hour after I've woken up.
I never feel any euphoria from them, they actually tend to make me feel bored, lethargic and ready to go back to bed all day.

But then if I take a good dose of either of these things in the evening right before bed, it tends to perk me up, gives me a bit of euphoria, makes me more talkative, makes me wanna listen to music & then I end up with a touch of insomnia cause I wanna stay up late. Now this is the feeling I wish I got during the day when I need it. lol

Anyone know why this could be happening to me? Do the chemicals our bodies release through our circadian rhythms affect the drugs we take, depending on the time of the day?? Seems weird but plausible. Our bodies make melatonin at night, which has been shown to potentiate opioids and attenuate tolerance. So I wonder what other chemicals our bodies might make during different times of the day/night and how they might interact with drugs.

Last edited:
I have some more details. I usually smoke the cigar the day/night before so what I am smoking the next morning is the remains and is pretty short. Most times in the morning I'll use a pliers to hold onto it so I can hit off it without burning my fingers.

I have noticed if I just have a full cigar and take huge hits off it to try to get high, it makes me anxious and uncomfortable, so there is a fine line that you have to hit to get the euphoria. I think using the pliers squeezes it down enough (without trynig) so I can take lots of quick hits that are part air, instead of pulling in huge hits of just smoke.

The high is extremely euphoric and lasts for a minute or two depending on how long I keep puffing. It might also depend on the type of cigar you are smoking. Am I allowed to post the type I've been smoking? They are cheap.

Peace.