• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Niacin and Amphetamine Sulphate (Significant BPM difference)

Frazzled1990

Bluelighter
So yesterday morning I took 50mgs of Amphetamine Sulphate, along with:
2000mg of Taurine
4000mg of Myo-Inositol
100mgs of 5-HTP
200mgs of L-Theanine
400mgs of Magnesium Glycinate

My average resting heart rate was somewhere between 110-120bpms. Which is pretty standard for me with this stuff as I'm sure it's racemic (1:1 levo/dex ratio). Also my heart rate could easily shoot up into the 150s when walking around.

Today, I again took 50mgs of Amphetamine Sulphate along with the same supplement combination. The only difference this time was the inclusion of 500mgs of Niacin (Vitamin B3).

My resting heart rate is between 80-90 bpms. Even after being on my feet and walking around for a few minutes and taking another measurement as soon as I sit back down, it's still only between 80-90 bpms.

What gives? Could the Niacin really be making this much of a difference? Or is it likely to be some other factor? I notice I'm feeling considerably less anxious today compared to yesterday and I know Niacin has been known to help reduce anxiety and depression. But I wouldn't have expected it to work so quickly. My chest does feel mildly tender, but nowhere near as irritated as it felt yesterday.

Does anybody else here have any experience with using Niacin with Amphetamine Sulphate?

Last edited:
I realise it's a bit of a niche question. But I'm trying to determine whether the vasodilation effects of the niacin are keeping my heart rate down or if I've caused some damage to my heart muscle from previous amp uses.

I know that can't be definitively answered on here. But if anybody has experienced the same effect when using Niacin with Amp, I'd feel a whole lot better about my heart rate remaining relatively normal (even after having used an additional 25mgs, now 75mgs total). 😟

Now it's sitting at 100 bpms..... I think my heart just flip flops and does whatever it likes. Probably best that I stop measuring it every 20 minutes.