• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: 20/9/15 - Young man dies after attending dance music festival in Sydney's west

RIP. Always sad when this happens and we all call for pill testing at large events and it would surely help but it always seems to fall on deaf ears in terms of authority and government.

Did a person or people die last year as well? The article says that man died in 2013 after taking 3 pills.

Even though they get a huge crowd of (i'm guessing here) 15,000 + that is still very bad. I was surprised that the festival was allowed to continue after that death in 2013 and I wonder if this latest death along with the 8 others hospital admissions from the event will be the final nail in the coffin for it.

People on FB are calling it Deathqon1 :(

^ indeed.
Damn shame about the circumstances. I wish our legislators would be more pragmatic about the use of drugs at events like this.
My condolences to any of this guy's friends and family that might come across this thread. So sad.

Obviously it's too early to know the cause but I'm always wary of multi day festivals, particularly ones that play predominantly electronic music. The nature of many punters is to neck multiple pills and incorporate poly drug use. I'm actually amazed there are not many more deaths given the ugly states I see many people get them selves into.

Obviously it's too early to know the cause but I'm always wary of multi day festivals, particularly ones that play predominantly electronic music. The nature of many punters is to neck multiple pills and incorporate poly drug use. I'm actually amazed there are not many more deaths given the ugly states I see many people get them selves into.

One thing the girlfriend spotted at last year's Defqon was seeing a guy who could only be described as a "raging hypertensive bull" manage to open his gurning clenching jaw far enough to toss back another 3-5 pills. Worries me knowing this shit goes on, yet the best approach is "ecstasy destroys lives. Don't touch drugs" which we all know fucking fails hard before it even hits the users' ears.