• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newly prescribed Desamphetamine

TommyJ

Greenlighter
Hi Bluelighters.

I have very recently been diagnosed with ADD Inattentive disorder and was given Dexamphetamine 5mg to take 1 x 5mg in morning and then another by about 1pm.

However, since this new medication i have never felt better, more positive, clear and motivated in my life, and due to this i seem to be taking 5 times the amount i was prescribed. Today I took 20mg in morning, 25mg around 2pm and another 25mg at 7pm. I know this is abuse and not what the Psych suggested. Its a heavily controlled substance in Australia and I don't want to fuck everything up like i did previously with alcohol and Benzos.

My question is will i be ok if tomorrow morning i take 5mg and then another 5mg early afternoon without any withdrawal or nasty effects?

Cheers

Tommy

If you tolerated 70mg in a day and are a fairly new user, you surely wont have issues from the drug itself at 10mg. You may not feel like superman as you did from lack of drug though. How long have you taken it for and did you just jump right in at higher doses?

Yes I'm not worried about having issues from the drug itself at 10mg, as it does help my focusing with ADD.

Taking 70mg definitely does not make me feel like Superman, it just gives me a dopamine boost and I get extreme hyper focus and lifts my depression. Ive done this about 5 days in a row.

My concern is mainly about any comedown or depression etc when i go back to 10mg, which will be today and i suppose ill be finding out

Dam this stuff is so hard to cut down on. I wake up so depressed and flat with no energy so i gotta take some, problem is its never enough. Ive probably taken about 85mg today and have felt quite tired.

2morrow i will start :(

As to feeling crummy after your high doses wore off - do a search in the forums for comedowns on ADHD meds. Lots of tips that make a difference. Try to stick to your prescribed dose and you likely won't have strong comedowns. Take care.