• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

newby bho /wax/ shatter smoker

Bare_head

Bluelighter
so i basically learnt a tiny lesson today, dont mess around with your waxes, budders ect, this stuff i have was like a butter but harder, when handled it just began going gloopy (lost probably half of it most on my hands lol)

So now i guess i need some equipment, ordered a rig and all ur essential dabbing needs, just do i keep this stuff in the fridge and let it harden till i get my equipment? torch wise i did not order one, but im sure i can get a blowtorch from any type of hardware store right?

which is the most effective one to use? im in the UK, so sort of want to know where the best in UK is to buy cost effective wise.

regards, bare head (feel stupid losing about 1g of wax / budder but this stuff is reallly good ha! lesson learnt anyways, guess i should not touch that type of stuff, wish i was told this before lol =D

You could of rinsed the oil off ur hands with a solvent like iso alcohol evaporated it and got oil back. If its runny maybe it wasn't purged properly and still contains butane or moisture got into it. In terms of dab gear if u got a TI nail your going to want a titanium dabbing tool to dab with and handle oil. Some folks keep oil in the fridge to make it easy to handle I don't but I usually get shatter which is super easy to handle or I get honeycomb waxes which are easy to handle. I thorow all my concentrates into this silicone container that has like 6 separated compartments which makes it further easy. I got this Newport torch that kicks ass but any torch will do I think.

it didnt really go runny per say, jus really sticky, like i was cutting a plant down and using my hands to tske the buds off, this stuff has been told is very high grade wax, budder type stuff i do tske the guys word for it, but i was silly and yeh i shud of washed it off ect, probably lost a gram altogether ha! Really think its poorly made if i handle it and it jus begins to goop up ?

The glass will work and the oil does not sizzle when you dab it? Its prolly purged correctly. If your handling a budder then yes I'm sure it got runny quick get a silicone mat or silicone container. Your going to want to get a ti nail if oil if dabbing is going to become your preferred way to medicate. Once I got the ti nail I smoke way less buds. Usually buy a quarter of shatter/wax and a qtr of buds every two weeks.

You believe smoking a quarter of nugs and a quarter of wax every 14days...isn't much... Damn
Thats equipment to around an 3gs to an eighth of nugs a day

I said cut down on the actual buds like flowers. I'm married so that's for two people. I try to make a gram of shatter last two days for us. I'm a medical patient in a legal recreational state washington, USA so I have ready access to delivery services.

Last edited:
1 gram over 2 days with 2 people isn't bad at all actually... My girl and I very easily go through a gram over the course of a night smoking off a pen on and off for 4 or 5 hours until we pass out with mucho sexo in between ?

And we both have basically non existent tolerances besides a kind of permanent tolerance from smoking daily for years but now we may smoke once a month but usually not even that much.. Only when we see each other and not every time more like every other time or every third time.... Not a money issue at all as much as we enjoy being sober and not eating a shit load and sleeping.. We'd rather have crazy animal sex and be awake and talk and cuddle and shit as much as possible.... Sorry for the tangent and edit is fucking up so double post too

Yes sex whilst stoned is fantastic. We could easily go through a gram a day between the two of us if my wife and I are home all day relaxing but I just feel that's a little overboard. We still smoke a couple bowls throughout the day as well as my wife feels theres something missing with the oil and I tend to agree as there is so many cannibinoids, terpenes etc in the flower and I'm not sure if any is lost in the extraction although I'm sure I could figure it out w/ research. I usually just put half a g in my silicone container and bring the container to my smoke spot for the day next to my rig. I put the rest in my closet with my other oils, bud, bongs etc. If I go through the half g I may dip into a bit more if I'm not feeling good- some nausea lately. I'm also in the process of quitting cigs (day 2) so I may be smoking a bit more weed and oil lately due to the nausea issues and stress/irritation from cigarette cessation.