• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

MelaniaD12

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I'm new here, I'm from SC and we have a mix of good, bad and crazy! I need some help with this new med hysingla. I was on fentanyl 50mcg and doctor changed me yday to hysingla 40mg. Today is first day without patch and I'm TERRIFIED! Can anyone relate? Any feedback? Will I withdraw? How will I help that?

Hello. I'm from SC as well and this is actually my first post, actually a reply to your post. I've never heard of the new medicine the doctor started you on and I know fentanyl works well, any idea why it was changed? I take suboxone and it works well except lately I've had some issues with upset stomach and cramps.

Hi,
Welcome to Bluelight!
I'll move your post to another section that might be of more help. Please, if you feel it's not an appropriate forum I can move it elsewhere. :)

He changed me bc he said they doing away with the patches and only prescribing them foe cancer patients. It was hell switching over and they hysingla was doing ok but not as good as fentanyl so I went bavk and he raised my dosage to 80mg of hysingla. I went to pick it up and ot was $195.00!! That's with insurance AND a prescription savings card from the maker. Luckily I had a few patches left over until I can call Monday. He mentioned nuycenta? Do any of you know anything about that?

Thank you! I'm still trying to navigate this site! How do I find where you moved it so I can check for replies?

Thank you! I'm still trying to navigate this site! How do I find where you moved it so I can check for replies?
It's in the Other Drugs subforum of the Focus Forums section. You should bee able to see that somewhere in the top left.

Alternatively, you can use your user control panel to look at updates to threads you've subscribed to (which I believe defaults to any thread you post in on Bluelight, though you can change your subscription options to either do it automatically like that or manually if you prefer, and to notify you by email of any such updates if you want).

The med you're on is an extended release form of hydrocodone. Like zohydro, but abuse proof.

Nucynta is nowhere near fentanyl. Really neither is hydrocodone.

If you can't afford it maybe your doctor could prescribe regular hydrocodone or OxyContin if he wants ER formulations. Either would be far cheaper. That price is crazy for hydrocodone

Hi,
I moved it to Other Drugs which is under Focus Forums. If you go to Forum above (2nd tab to right of Home tab upper left), click on that and scroll down - Other Drugs is right there. :)

ask for butrans maybe? i heard its a superior painkiller to standard hyperalgesia inducing full agonists.

Butrans patches are VERY expensive also. I've no experience with the Zohydro or Hyzingla (sic) other that I know it's expensive. I just don't understand why meds are so astronomical. My PM told me that there are meds that can change my life of pain into a life I can be happy LIVING, but "they are expensive".

Indeed...I can't afford them, even with script insurance.

I know several CP patients that are holding steady with good results with Fentanyl. I don't foresee the patches being reserved for cancer patients ONLY. I'm sorry you're having to endure the med change on top of your PAIN.

Thanks everyone. I've barely been functioning due to the pain and the conversion and damn if I don't have to go right back through it again since the doctors office & pharmacy have been no help. My husband hasn't exactly been understanding, he's mad bc I've been such a bitch and of course not able to perform 'wifely duties". Life is really sucking right now....thanks for the support from all of you!

Hey Mel...TALK to me, whether through post or private message. If you want to share, what is your source of pain? You're welcome to read my posts and threads, but beware...my situation sucks big time too. :!

I'm at the Madhatter's Tea Party of pain management, as well. It seems to be a "fucked if you do" and "fucked if you don't" IME.

I've ordered Kratom, but have my doubts with my endless GI issues. Your husband can rub one off without you until you're feeling better. He'd be crying like a girl, too, if he were in pain. :p

Haha Dixichik you sound alot like my way of thinking. I'll check out ur post! Thank you!

Neck and back pain. Herniated L4 & L5 C1 & 2. Siatica, bone narrowing and deterioration. My legs jerk arms go nimb...all that fun fkd up stuff! And life goes on.

I ask to be changed bc he said the patches were only going to be ava for cancer patients. I figured I needed to go ahead and mentally prepare before I was forced. The patches were perfect for pain but I felt terrible on the 3rd day.