• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie usage question (OTC medications)

Uninoob

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!

Very new to bluelight and VERY new to drug experimentation. Up until the last fortnight I have only really used cannabis which I would say I am a moderate user of (weekly usage, usually more often then not). I use cannabis both recreationally and medicinally for depression/anxiety and nausea. In the last fortnight I have begun experimenting with over the counter medications, mainly DXM in cough syrup and codeine from pain killers. Mainly from curiosity. I have done a lot of reading on both substances and have been safe with my usage of both, sticking to low dosages and not initially mixing with anything else. My question today is about codeine. I understand that this can be a very addicting drug. I've been playing a bit with codeine + paracetamol tablets this week (using CWE method) working out a good dosage for myself and experimenting with slightly higher dosages, these have ranged from 60mg of codeine to 200mg (which I didnt really enjoy). I have used the last 2 days in a row and used earlier in the week. I'd like to take another 90mg tonight to help with sleep as I ran out of cannabis last night and had too much caffeine this afternoon. Is this playing with fire? Am I putting myself in danger by using so frequently upfront? This would be my last usage for awhile as I will then be out of pills and not sourcing anymore for awhile as I will be busy the coming weeks. This is probably a silly question so I'm sorry if it comes across naive, this is all very new to me and the last thing in the world I want is an addiction.

Thanks for any thoughts

Since you dosed up to 200mg, are using a CWE, and not combining with other drugs, it is highly unlikely you will do any damage with 90mg of codeine.

The biggest danger is taking opiates for extended periods of time leads to dependency but you said you will be taking a break. I suggest you stick to that plan.