European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Newbie - In need of a bit of guidance please

kels1985

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I'm from the UK and been trying codeine in a few different forms lately. I had been sourcing bottles of codeine linctus but I've not had much of a buzz more recently. I usually take 2 co-codamol (8/500) plus around a quarter of a bottle (50ml) of codeine linctus. 15mg per 5ml so its about 165mg each time I take it. Ive definitely built up a tolerance lately and i love the feeling but im a bit concerned about how much i can take before it gets dangerous? Is it possible to OD? How much could i increase the dosage safely? I dont currently get many side effects apart from a bit of itching. No constipation thankfully. Sorry for all the ignorance, i really do need to be shown the ropes regarding all this. By the way, I don't take codeine just for how it feels, I sleep like a log when I've taken it and for someone who suffers with acute anxiety it's absolutely amazing to get an undisturbed night of sleep.

Im also curious about codeine CWE. I tried it once and completely lost my bottle so threw it away. It was slightly cloudy so i panicked. I used 16 cocodamol 8/500 with around 100ml water. Loads of folded kitchen towel and then a tightly woven cotton dress shirt so in my expectations it should have been clear but it wasnt so i just ditched it as i obviously didnt want shit loads of paracetamol inside me. Can any of you give me a foolproof guide on CWE at all? There are so many how to guides online and i dont know what ones to use. Are coffee filters better than kitchen towels? Do i wet the filters/towels first? If i can really get the hang of CWE i wont need to pay stupid money to get codeine linctus delivered. Also, can i do one big CWE? How long does it keep for at room temp?

Sorry for all the questions guys, this newbie is just trying to learn the ropes.

Thanks in advance
Kel x

PS: Sorry for cross posting, I was advised to post here instead of where my original post was.

Hey there, Kel - Welcome to BL :)

It was wise to ditch your extraction if you weren't completely certain about it. Here's a good thread that discusses codeine and CWEs in particular:

Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

There's a few different techniques in that thread so you should be able to find one that suits you. My usual method sounds similar to what you were doing so I'm not sure why yours was cloudy. Perhaps you didn't pour it soon enough after introducing the tablet powder to the water?

The link Don has provided should have everything you need to know and more about various CWE methods.

I personally would of course use POM 30/500 oral co - codamol preparations normally for this, which I get in capsules and are easy to empty (and refill with MDXX crystal for use as home made Ees), or for the odd occasions when I was forced to use OTC tablets (usually 12.5/500 maximum if I remember the law), I would break the chalky fucks up, put the pieces into my metal weed grinder (which I never use for weed - scissors are far superior to grinders IMO), which after a good amount of mashing about would leave me with a similar consistency of codeine laced pulverised APAP powder.

Which ever flavour of paracetamol dust I was left with, would then go into a litre of water that I would have pre cooled in a fridge to about 10 Celsius give or take a couple of degrees either way so that the water would be fairly cold but still far from freezing.

Then the tablet / capsule dust would go into a plastic mixing bowel with the water, I would give the whole thing a good thrash with a fork for a minute or so, which should be plenty of time to allow most of the codeine or whatever opioid you are attempting to extract to dissolve, Some of the paracetamol will inevitably dissolve too, but hopefully no more than a standard dose would provide anyway (maybe a gram or 2) due to the temperature of the water.

Final stage - 2 pint glasses - both with pre soaked (damp, but not dripping wet) non - flavoured coffee filters secured over the tops of both with enough of a depression on each to allow the solution to pool at the top of the filter. One more whip of the mixture with a fork, then I would gently pour the solution onto the filter at the top of the first glass, allowing it to filter through before topping up again. If for some reason I had produced too much solution to clearly filter through the first glass, then the second would come into play (hence the back up).

If done carefully and correctly, I would be left with a crystal clear glass of water, which, if done correctly, should have around a gram or 2 of dissolved, invisible paracetamol suspended in it at the most. By then however it would (or should) also contain the majority of the opiate / opioid extracted, and a good acid test (when extracting codeine phosphate anyhoo) should be the taste - the solution should look like water, but smell and taste awful and unless you are a sadist then a pinch of cordial, or failing that, at least a pinch of ones nose should be required to drink the vile, but more or less paracetamol free, home made codeine 'elixir'.

Read the link Don has provided thoroughly, as it covers the procedure from every which way, and their may be better ways at performing this activity than the one I have described above. I simply have added my own tried and trusted dickhead method as it has worked without fail for me for years, and as a long standing opioid dependant this has got me through some long, uncomfortable days and nights before I was finally prescribed a maintenance substitute.

There's tonnes of info in Don's link, but yeah coffee filters are the way to go (double them up), kitchen towel and cotton shirts don't quite cut it. You can always re-filter if your solution is too cloudy. You wanna get the temp down as much as poss without freezing.

coffee filters are the way to go (double them up), kitchen towel and cotton shirts don't quite cut it. You can always re-filter if your solution is too cloudy.

Absolutely. When using standard co - codamol you should be looking for a water clear solution - if it remains cloudy then as Mushwood suggests, just re - filter. This is why I have never tried this with any sort of co - dydramol prep, as most of the products I have seen contain a red dye which leaves the final solution difficult to assess in terms of visible contaminants.

Hey Kels1985 - Glad you made your way over here :)

I hope your finding the information that your looking for

Which ever flavour of paracetamol dust I was left with, would then go into a litre of water that I would have pre cooled in a fridge to about 10 Celsius give or take a couple of degrees either way so that the water would be fairly cold but still far from freezing.

A litre of water?!? How many tablets are you using for that, Stee? It's probably worth mentioning that ~1g of paracetamol will dissolve in every 100ml of water even when cool... although I'm buggered if I can recall where I got this figure from. Possibly the EADD Codeine CWE Megathread (n.b. tried to find the second incarnation but it never got indexed and can't find it via the search function so we should probably just start a fresh one instead). Either way I'd definitely go with the minimum volume of water - especially if using CWEs regularly.

FWIW, my method is to just chuck the required number of pills in the relevant amount of water at room temperature and just let them break down by themselves - takes a few minutes but not many - then put the liquid in the fridge for an hour or so until icy cold. It's then dead easy to filter off the clear solution (I use a couple of sheets of kitchen roll) - dead quick and easy (aside from the chilling which takes a while).

Also, welcome to BL and EADD in particular! =D

Can't you source plane codeine tabs? Much safer bet and no paranoia about paracetamol content etc.
I know paranoia is something I can always do without....

A litre of water?!? How many tablets are you using for that, Stee? It's probably worth mentioning that ~1g of paracetamol will dissolve in every 100ml of water even when cool... although I'm buggered if I can recall where I got this figure from.

i think he just meant he always has enough chilled water on hand in his fridge to make whatever amount of CWE he requires.

at least i hope..

i think he just meant he always has enough chilled water on hand in his fridge to make whatever amount of CWE he requires.

at least i hope..

Yeah, I would keep a litre constantly cooledij the fridge, and as specified, I would use imperial pint glasses to measure and perform the extraction. I still probably used more water than was necessary, hence the disclaimer at the start of the post directing the OP to the Megathread as I did point out that this was the 'dickhead Stee' version.

I would usually use about half to 2/3 of a pint for the actual extraction (roughly 300 - 400mls) which is possibly still too much, but my personal safety net involved the amount of apap I would potentially be exposing myself to if for some reason the CWE massively failed (which isn't hard to identify as the final product you are looking for should resemble water, not milk). I would only ever include the maximum amount or paracetamol one can safely take within a 24 hour period (4 grams) and as I used this method generally just to get me through clucks I would further limit any liver hammering by never doing this on consecutive days, twice a week would be enough if required, as the final product is so short - acting that it is impossible to use it to constantly - I would wait until I was climbing the walls before I could justify performing one, as it would only ever provide 2 or so hours of partial symptomatic relief, by no means could I maintain myself by this method but when your feeling that sick a 2 hour break from it is sometimes enough to get you through a further 24 hours of a CT.

If one wants to be super careful about the amount of water they are using then there are other online resources that discuss this procedure and the various amounts of apap that will dissolve across various water temperatures that will compliment any advice in the megathread. When I first started performing them with standard, OTC co - codamol I twice saved the filter full of tablet mush, allow it to dry completly back into a white powder, and then would sell it down the local as coke. Best they had in years they said.

Ok so that was a crap joke. I would use my boards to weigh the powder, and if one assumes that the majority of it is paracetamol, it always weighed up enough to make me believe that no more than 1 - 1.5 grams had been dissolved, something that I can personally live with as I would rarely resort to doing CWE's and otherwise I do not use paracetamol under any circumstances, as it IMO provides a negligible amount of analgesia and is only fit for use with regards to temperature control during fever.

Can't you source plane codeine tabs? Much safer bet and no paranoia about paracetamol content etc.
I know paranoia is something I can always do without....

probably not that easily, as c. phosphate (when not in a combination med) in the UK is controlled under class B of the Misuse of Drugs Act, and with heroin more or less monopolising the street drug market when it comes to opiates and opiods (in my locale at least) they do not tend to appear on the 'traditional' BM.

I get prescribed it, I have boxes and boxes lol I assumed it was fairly easy to get hold of though?

A coffee grinder gives you a fine powder that mixes well with the cool water. Also use 2 damp coffee filters and as little water as I can get away with. That stuff tastes rank so I mix it with straight squash followed by a chaser of tonic water. It seems to wash it out your mouth quickly.

Anyhow - coffee grinder, cheap one is about a tenner in Argos.

Best of luck, stay safe.

I get prescribed it, I have boxes and boxes lol I assumed it was fairly easy to get hold of though?

Even when a POM oral dose (min 30mg?) is indicated GP's seem to always feel safer to prescribe PO Co - codamol (30 or 60/500apap) - only ONCE (I know its hard to believe) have any of my acquaintances been prescribed 30mg Codeine Phosphate tablets.

Remember, in the UK it's considered more moral to let someone destroy their liver than achieve a psychoactive effect through anything other than ethanol. That one kills 2 birds birds with one stone....

Even when a POM oral dose (min 30mg?) is indicated GP's seem to always feel safer to prescribe PO Co - codamol (30 or 60/500apap) - only ONCE (I know its hard to believe) have any of my acquaintances been prescribed 30mg Codeine Phosphate tablets.

Remember, in the UK it's considered more moral to let someone destroy their liver than achieve a psychoactive effect through anything other than ethanol. That one kills 2 birds birds with one stone....

I had no idea! I get the 30s on script but don't bother using them as they don't touch me :(

Cheers for all the pointers guys! Stee im glad you clarified about the 1litre of water dude, even being a newb i was a bit concerned! Lol.

I've sourced 100 co-dydramol 500/10 this week and im curious about if i can CWE this or not. Do i treat it the same as co-codamol? Also, does anyone know the equivalent dosage i would need for the same buzz as I would get with around 200mg codeine? I understand that DHC is stronger so what is the equivalent of 10mg of DHC to codeine phosphate?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks
Kels

^ i don;t have a source but i seem to recall that DHC is around 1.5-2x stronger than regular codeine.
but even though its stronger i actually prefer codeine's high - it just feels so much betterrr

but even though its stronger i actually prefer codeine's high - it just feels so much betterrr

I took 2 of these last night and it did make me relaxed and got rid of the hip pain plus it sent me off to sleep. I know what you mean though i think I'll proceed with caution with DHC. Its a different feeling to codeine so will increase the dose slowly i think and see what it does over a few weeks

A recreational dose of DHC makes me vomit for hours afterwards, like up to eight hours 8(

Whereas I can comfortably enjoy 750mg of codeine (it's my ceiling dose) with no bother apart from a bit of itching :) I don't take that often so enjoy zill tolerance.

Btw way hi kels1985 and welcome to EADD its great to see a new poster. Please have a look around our social threads too x

You want to use Coffee filters to do it, just place one in side the other. Wet them first, dont soak them, just dab your fingers under a tap and then dab it on to the filters until they re moist outside. I personal always use warm water just makes the process much quicker, breaks down the pills better. I end up with perfect clear extractions

Ive not posted here in along time : )

^ Returning poster? Is your previous identity Top Secret? Do I know you? What is the meaning of life? Am I asking too many questions?

Helloo and welcome back to BL and EADD in particular =D

In DHC news, there's a fair bit of variation in subjective effects from person to person. Personally I don't find it much more noticeably potent than codeine itself but I wonder if this may be down to the significantly reduced histamine release. I'm sure there are a lot of people who confuse the massive hit of histamine you get from "recreational" codeine doses with the underlying opiate effects. DHC is much "smoother" - and much, much less itch-inducing - whilst still being fairly subtle in terms of other effects just as codeine itself is. As noted above, many actually prefer codeine as it often feels more... well just more in general even though it is less potent weight for weight. As a result, I tend to use basically the same mg amount of either or as I find them largely indistinguishable other than the significant differences in histamine effects.