Newbie Cycle

Mike329

Greenlighter
Hey everyone I been working out a little over 2 years now and I been thinking about starting my first cycle. This is all new to me so I would like some advice on what to run. I read the sticky for first cycle. I'm still a little confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

500mg for 12 weeks.
AI to keep estro in check. Aromasin 12.5 to 25mg eod.

Last edited:
It all depends on your goals I guess also everybody's different I tried a test cycle a couple years ago and testosterone gives me tremendous side effects even medium dose with an AI blocker. So I'm giving anavar a go but in the majority of cases for gaining bulk and maintaining libido test e/c injections are the alpha and the omega of steroid cycles

Hey everyone I been working out a little over 2 years now and I been thinking about starting my first cycle. This is all new to me so I would like some advice on what to run. I read the sticky for first cycle. I'm still a little confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe explain a bit more about yourself, age, height, weight, BF%, diet, type of training etc...

What are you unsure about in the sticky "my first cycle"..?

Last edited:
That's it? I shouldn't take dbol or anything with it?

No, definitely not. You should be staying as simple and low-dosed as you can for a first cycle. 250mg Test E per week for 10-12 weeks will be perfect.

What's your diet and training schedule going to look like when you start the cycle?

No, definitely not. You should be staying as simple and low-dosed as you can for a first cycle. 250mg Test E per week for 10-12 weeks will be perfect.

What's your diet and training schedule going to look like when you start the cycle?

why such a low dose? 500mg is not harmful at all.
He only gets one first cycle, it's the best one, why chance it???

I had bloodwork after being on a gram for MONTHS and it was damn near perfect.

I do appreciate how you're thinking, it's how a lot of guys tend to think. But it's not entirely logical. If you don't need more, you don't take more. This guy's entire bodybuilding gains aren't going to be defined by his first cycle. Anyone on a first cycle - or for that matter on their 3rd, 50th, or hundredth - can gain respectably on 250mg, almost as well as 500mg, but with trivial sides, fewer health risks, and easier recovery without need for PCT.

The gains from conservative cycles are also more likely to be more sustainable afterwards, and less unhealthily yo-yo, which is often completely overlooked by most guys advocating unnecessary cycles with excessive doses and compounds. To be honest most guys who've learnt their way from forums have never even tried doing low dose cycles because they're told they won't work, and it's become accepted wisdom; this despite 250mg being several multiples of natural testosterone level.

When you've been doing this for 10/15/20 years or more, you begin to realise how strange it is that guys are so obsessed with the perfect cycle, or the perfect first, second, third cycle etc, as if it makes any difference at all in the long run. Long term success is based on long-term consistency, not the specific characteristics of an individual cycle. The trick for sustainable success (unless, perhaps, you're above-average genetically) is to learn how to do a lot with a little. And most of the time it's learning how to diet/train/cardio optimally.

As for your bloodwork, unfortunately that doesn't tell you anything about the cardiovascular harm that you may have endured on your cycle. Please take a read through the forum to look at some of our discussions on longer-term AAS harms to understand the risks. I really need to pull them all together in a sticky at some point to make it easier.

I did 400mg/week of test P for 12 weeks my first cycle. Gained about 20lbs and dropped about 5 lbs during my 6 week PCT duration. But I was also maintaining my diet/nutrition and cut back on my training intensity a little bit during PCT. Recovered just fine, it was when I started adding in anadrol/tren etc when I stopped recovering so easily and eventually just started blasting and cruising. Also, I'll add in, do not run deca if you plan on only doing cycles and coming off. Shit's a lingerer.

Yep suppressive metabolites from nandrolone can easily last 6-12 months and hamper full recovery for up to a year. When you blast and cruise, do you cruise on TRT doses of test, or are your levels always supraphysiological?

Yep suppressive metabolites from nandrolone can easily last 6-12 months and hamper full recovery for up to a year. When you blast and cruise, do you cruise on TRT doses of test, or are your levels always supraphysiological?

When I cruise the dose is around 150mg/week which is good for libido and well being for myself. However, when I blast I usually start at 500mg test and always have tren in the mix but never more tren than 400mg/week and I'll also do an oral, preferably anadrol for the first 4 weeks. When I transition in cruising again I drop the tren but taper the test for over a month sometimes. It completely depends on what my blood work is looking like though. But I am guilty of running my test around 400-500mg for long periods of time before fully getting down to 150mg/week.

I've been curious the effects of running tren at 20mg/day alongside 150mg/test for longer periods of time. Mostly due to the massive increase in libido and well being I get from low dose tren. I know this isn't trt and is a mild cycle but if I'm not seeing any negatives, blood work is checking out, and I'm donating blood regularly I could see myself staying on this for some time.

And yes, NPP will certainly be my choice going forward, if I ever decide not to run tren. Deca and NPP's effects on joints is really the only thing that sways my opinion.

Have you tried running your cruise closer to physiological levels? It would be healthier long-term, given that above physiological level, it's unlikely the damage you may be causing to the heart and cardiovascular system from the blast will reverse.

As for recovery, NPP and deca are equally bad really, as the ester isn't likely to affect the tendency of the metabolites to linger. However if you're effectively on cycle all the time, it's a moot point really - if it helps your joints go for it. Though deca is very harsh on the cells that line blood vessels.

Have you tried running your cruise closer to physiological levels? It would be healthier long-term, given that above physiological level, it's unlikely the damage you may be causing to the heart and cardiovascular system from the blast will reverse.

As for recovery, NPP and deca are equally bad really, as the ester isn't likely to affect the tendency of the metabolites to linger. However if you're effectively on cycle all the time, it's a moot point really - if it helps your joints go for it. Though deca is very harsh on the cells that line blood vessels.

Such as like 50-100mg/week? What does your regimen look like including ancillary use?

I wasn't aware about that in regards to Deca (learn something new every day). I have no issue at all axing that compound out of my blasts by any means. But tren though... Probably the worst compound for health, yet my favorite.

No.

What you need to do is to post your diet and traning, because I'd be willing to bet something in one of those two if not both is fucked up if you've only been lifting 2 years.

Such as like 50-100mg/week? What does your regimen look like including ancillary use?

I'm on month 5 of a 6-month break at the moment. So just various peptides, GH secretagogues and so on. No SARMs or anything.

When I go back on, I'll taper up my doses gradually from around 150mg to a max of 400mg test towards the end. I'll probably add in very low dose Tren half way through, depending on how I feel.

I'll use a couple blood pressure meds for heart health, and low dose AI to mildly reduce oestrogen/aid recovery. Aside from that, just some peptides here and there.

Nothing fancy, just the basics really.

I tried 300 mg/week for my first test cycle. 500 mg would have raised my blood pressure too much. I wouldn't have known how to deal with it at the time, or even to monitor my blood pressure. 500 mg is too much for some people.

I've been on test year round since 2008. I still haven't gone over 375 mg/week. I probably won't go over 200 again. Testosterone is awesome, but higher doses aren't for me.

Try heavy protein 2grams per pound.

creatine.

and an estrogen blocker (use the internet my friend).

And like, say, run 5 miles per day plus heavy lifting and you will find what you're looking for.

my routine:
double protein shake in the morning with coffee and peanut butter toast

gym (glamour only fuck kettlebells)

Protein bar

Sit around hungry searching the internet for babes

Dinner, MEAT and RICE

and uhh I went from 160 (fat, flabby, lazy) to 165 absolutely shredded (OCD, addicted to opiates, holding my breath all day every day)... unrelated, but then I fasted down to 130, found a girl who could cook and found myself at 205lb a couple year later.

SO, moral of the story?

you're happier when FAT, get skinny enough to ge the girl and RUN!