• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie at kratom

Wolf713

Greenlighter
I have 420 mg kratom capsules and took 4 and nothing. No pain relief or anything ...how much should I take to have relief and energy?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you took them, did you have an empty stomach? I've found kratom caps to be hit or miss.. Though I was never really responsive to kratom

It's not uncommon for people to dose Kratom in the 3-5g range so you may want to try 8 caps next time, then 12 another time if 8 doesn't get you where you want to be.

This is assuming you don't currently have an opioid tolerance. If you do, you may need even more.

I have 420 mg kratom capsules and took 4 and nothing. No pain relief or anything ...how much should I take to have relief and energy?

Kratom is weird in that for many people, it will not work the first few times they try it. It took me til about the 3rd or 4th time before it actually took effect, and I've seen the same happen with several other people. I don't have an explanation for it, but it seems to be pretty common.

Raise the dose a few grams and try again. If still nothing, you can go up to 10-12 grams and even a little higher without anything unpleasant happening. Give it a few times and eventually, unless you have a super high opioid tolerance, it should do the job.

I'm really not an expert regarding Kratom, but is it not true that we lack any kind of control when determining a dosage remotely like this? I mean, being that it's plant material isn't it difficult to estimate with even useful certainty what the appropriate dose might be?

I'm really not an expert regarding Kratom, but is it not true that we lack any kind of control when determining a dosage remotely like this? I mean, being that it's plant material isn't it difficult to estimate with even useful certainty what the appropriate dose might be?

Yeah, pretty much, assuming we are discussing your average kratom powder, and not some overpriced head shop/gas station super extract that's good for nothing but jacking up your tolerance. My last rodeo with kratom (only thing I was indulging in at the time), my own dose from day to day could vary quite a bit to achieve the same effect, almost always on an empty stomach. I would usually buy some green, red and white vein, and just mix and match, although honestly there wasn't any crazy significant difference to me. I always tossed and washed as well. It's just a strange drug all around.