New York judge writes impassioned defense of medical marijuana

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Guardian

Posted by
Brian Braiker
Thursday 17 May 2012 21.26 BST

With reader comments

In a New York Times opinion piece, a sitting state supreme court judge writes of his cancer and the palliative drug he depends on.

A New York state supreme court judge has written an impassioned plea to legalize medical marijuana in the state, potentially taking New York one step closer to becoming the 17th state in the nation to allow use of the drug as a palliative. In an op-ed piece in Thursday's New York Times, justice Gustin L Reichbach writes eloquently of his three-and-a-half-year long battle with prostate cancer. He describes enduring chemotherapy, brutal surgery, radiation, constant nausea and insomnia. The only remedy that has given him a modicum of relief has been marijuana. "I find a few puffs of marijuana before dinner gives me ammunition in the battle to eat. A few more puffs at bedtime permits desperately needed sleep," he writes.

"This is not a law-and-order issue; it is a medical and human rights issue."

More...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-...edical-marijuana-drugs-new-york?newsfeed=true

NY is also the same state where is legal to carry less than 25 grams on you, but it can not be in public view..... Still tho cops arrest many people for simple possession of a 20 sack of bud......

Medical Marijuana for the Entire USA <3

NY is also the same state where is legal to carry less than 25 grams on you, but it can not be in public view..... Still tho cops arrest many people for simple possession of a 20 sack of bud......

Medical Marijuana for the Entire USA <3

They also have the stop and frisk law. Police have the right to stop and frisk you and have you empty your pockets. Once you empty your pockets the marijuana is then in public view and you are subject to arrest.

Isn't Connecticut becoming the 17th state to vote in Medical Marijuana?
New York would be the 18th, no? Including DC

DC already got a dispensary, so I been told.

No I live nearby it's a hydroponic/gardening supply store with classes on cultivating the herb.

DC doesn't have a true dispensary yet, no one is dumb enough to open one up in the palm of the iron fist.