• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New Vyvanse User

Ortun

Greenlighter
I am a 14 y/o male and took Vyvanse for the first time this morning. I took it because I wanted to see the affect it had on me, since I don't have ADHD/ADD. Me and a friend who is currently on it for ADHD have been talking about letting me try it and I decided I was going to do it today. I took it before first period and it took about an hour and half for it to kick. I felt extremely focused and was finishing assignments before most people had already started them. I was able to interact with people much easier too (I'm usually awkward and don't know what to say). But when I sat down or stopped doing something mentally challenging I became very lethargic until a task came up which I instantly started working on. Throughout the day I had mild stomach pains and became extremely paranoid a couple of times.My heart rate was very high and I lost my appetite completely (which isn't good considering I am already underweight) during the day. I didn't "crash" so to speak, just slowly felt the affects wearing off. I took a 30mg capsule and was looking into doing it tommorow.

Are there specific things I should stay away from why'll on this drug?

And are there things I should be considered about? (14,~5'6", roughly 108 pounds)

(This may not be the correct format for this forum, so I would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.)

If there are any questions concerning this, please ask because I want to get an as thorough answer as possible.
Thank you!

Last edited:
14 is very young to make choices about what chemicals you should be exposing yourself to. Im not trying to lecture you or say just say no to drugs mmmk. But, Vyvanse is amphetamine which is schedule ii and taking it runs some of the Same risks of cocaine or meth use (Paranoia). Please make sure you dont have a irregular heart rthymn or structural defect as you could cause serious harm.

Quick lil update, never doing that shit again. It made me extremely irritated and angry and I lashed out and punched a wall. Would not recommend. How do I mute this thread so I don't have to put anyone through the pain of answering this.

Ooo man that sucks man! Vyvanse will deff do it hey better you realized taking uppers makes you punch walls now then if you learned at my age just a few years older 21 id be in jail haha try not to beat yourself up just learn from it when I was your age I took acid almost died had seizures was on life support for like a week so over all trust me just about everyone has done much much stupider things as a teen. But anyway just press that pencil and just press delete this thread. Good luck