• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New user of vyvanse

OnceandFutureQ

Greenlighter
I recently started taking vyvanse and I am on the lowest dose (20mg). Is this amount safe to take everyday? It helps me enjoy life so much even on days where I don't have class or need to study. My psychiatrist says it's not uncommon for people to be prescribed amphetamines for depression...But I exercise a lot and am worried about the strain that the vyvanse might be putting on my body. Does anyone else take this drug daily? Is this okay?

Using amphetamines daily for long periods of time is not uncommon, however, it is quite unhealthy. Amphetamines are toxic, especially neurotoxic (to the brain). I would seriously advise you use it only as needed.

Using amphetamines daily for long periods of time is not uncommon, however, it is quite unhealthy. Amphetamines are toxic, especially neurotoxic (to the brain). I would seriously advise you use it only as needed.

Good advice.

Thats a very low dose but over time will most likely be increased. I worry about amphetamines and working out. My heart rate and blood pressure sky rocket. I personally wish i never began taking them. It made parts of my life amazing and other parts very depressing. After 2 years i began to no longer feel any effect and my life became dull and sad. It took a few months of not taking it to be able to enjoy life as i once did again. even to this day im not sure im fully recovered. i feel that my base mood is lower than it used to be.

Be careful. goodluck

I feel the same way when do normal things like go upstairs or walk around, my heart goes nuts. But I find that on days when I do not take it I literally don't do anything. The motivation to do even the simplest things is just not there. When I am not on it I don't know how to cope with doing daily things like driving to class or cleaning my room. That's why I'm so scared of not being able to be on it :/

I'm kinda wigging out now cause I dont know if I'm going to take the vyvanse anymore but how am I going to get anything done? I'm a full-time student and I feel hooked on this stuff. Do you think I should switch to something more mild like daytrana? Which is just methylphenidate?

Just use it as needed for best results, if you have serious problems with motivation I'd advise psychotherapy, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle.

I take it daily. 20mg is a very low dose since they go up to 70mg. Its fine especially if it helps you, take it. But if you are concerned in any way, ask your doctor any questions you may have.