• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

New user asking about basic safety and storage...

GreatArc

Greenlighter
Decided to post a separate thread from earlier question so it wouldn't get sidetracked;

Basic safety questions about identifying and testing;

More than anything else, I'm worried about some lab mix-up or pissed off chemist putting the wrong label on something and I am using completely incorrect dosages for some mystery substance, so testing is essential. However, I am without any chemistry education since the 10th grade and just want to know what the best method is to minimize the chance of something bad happening.

So if you could help me with some specific info; imagine I receive 500mg of 4-aco-dmt in a single package:

1.) No idea what that volume looks like, a pea? a jellybean? a golf ball?

2.) Now I want to test it. What specific kit should I buy? How much do I test? Is it best to dilute it once, or as needed?

3.) Can I dilute it in water, instead of alcohol? I am a very light drinker, and don't really want to mix alcohol and drugs, or to do anything to make me nauseous during trip. If booze is best, I would likely dilute it with a higher concentration so I have to drink less. Someone suggested vodka, is rum or gin an ok substitute? How about 21% coconut rum (my favourite mixer).

4.) Is a plastic bottle worse to do it in? Would a glass container be suitable or the original liquor bottle? Do I keep it in freezer? How long will this last? Will it lose potency?

5.) I am also considering blotters of 1P-LSD, best test kit? Do you test one and then use it, or is it destroyed? If I test one blotter, does that mean the rest are ok? How do I store 1P-LSD? How long are blotters good for?

Thanks again, so much!

EDIT: Sorry for asking some questions again, just wanted all questions in the same thread.

Last edited:
1) Don't worry about the volume too much. It will be a little baggie with a bit of powder in it, closer to a jellybean size than a golfball for sure. Just get a scale and weigh it.

2) Depends what you want to test for. Ehrlich reagent will exclude it being a phenethylamine I believe.

3) You don't need to mix it with so much booze that you'd have any effects from the alchohol when you dose. It's a good idea to use booze because it is a good solvent and won't go mouldy.

4) A plastic bottle should be fine. Glass is prettier tho.

5) If you wanted to test your blotter you could even just test a corner of one. Yes if it tests good, you can very safely assume the rest are the same substance and good too. Store in the dark, away from light, somewhere safe that you won't loose it or get in the hands of children. Blotters should last a long time if stored well, years for sure.

Any reason in particular you're going for 1P-LSD as opposed to 1A-LSD?
1A LSD is the better choice here bud, worth the few extra bucks. I've found 1p to be extremely underwhelming compared to the others, I tend to have to take 4 to get the desired effects, but your chemistry may be different as well. I'd say go with 1A though

The two trusted vendors I use sell AL Lad at a slightly higher price, maybe 20-25$ more on the quarter sheets. Most definitely worth it

AL-LAD is a different drug though, 1a-LSD (ALD-52 it is also called) is basically just like 1p-LSD except that some, like myself, find it's more potent, I think because the acetyl group, being shorter, is more easily cleaved than the propionyl group of 1p-LSD.

Anyway, perpetualdawn is right on with the replies, one thing I'll add is, you should get small sealable jars if possible, and you can make the solutions at any degree of concentration. I usually do 1mg/mL, although if you have a 1mL oral syringe to dose, you can accurately dose out as small as .1mLs of liquid, so you can even dissolve 10mg of a drug per mL, and then, let's say your dose was 30mg, you'd only have to consume 3mL of alcohol, which is far too low to receive any sort of effect at all from it. Alcohol should be used because it greatly extends shelf life, since it prevents the growth of contaminants.

AL-LAD is a different drug though, 1a-LSD (ALD-52 it is also called) is basically just like 1p-LSD except that some, like myself, find it's more potent, I think because the acetyl group, being shorter, is more easily cleaved than the propionyl group of 1p-LSD.

Anyway, perpetualdawn is right on with the replies, one thing I'll add is, you should get small sealable jars if possible, and you can make the solutions at any degree of concentration. I usually do 1mg/mL, although if you have a 1mL oral syringe to dose, you can accurately dose out as small as .1mLs of liquid, so you can even dissolve 10mg of a drug per mL, and then, let's say your dose was 30mg, you'd only have to consume 3mL of alcohol, which is far too low to receive any sort of effect at all from it. Alcohol should be used because it greatly extends shelf life, since it prevents the growth of contaminants.
Ah, I just learned recently they consider it 1A-LSD, don't know why I had it in my mind that it was the AL LAD. In that case yes I believe they are priced the same

4-AcO-DMT has a short shelf life in solution. Maybe 1-2 weeks if not refrigerated before it turns brown. Ethanol (or PG) is a better choice than water, which will go bad in a few days. Ideally you should get a cheap milligram scale and just weigh & cap your doses.

If you must keep it in solution, I've heard adding ascorbic acid will greatly increase the shelf life, though I haven't tried this myself.