New today on the forum and looking for some advice from everyone that will.

pooby

Greenlighter
Im in my mid 50,s Ive been taking ativan for over 30 years.started at 0.5 now up to 4mg.I wanna get off of the drug.last year i did the reducing by 1/4 every 10 to 14 days.It was over the summer when i was off and no stress.I got down to 1.75 mg.then work started stress came back and guess what im at 4mg again.I think if i eat right and exercize and do gentle dtoxing i can beat this thing.Kind of off the subject,but does anyone know if toxin buildup from drugs will cause breakouts bad when doing blackseed oil,mtc oil and bulletproof coffee.Because when i do those products they help alot but my neck breaks out bad ever time.Please pray that i beat this thing.I really want to conquer this.I have 3 months off in the summer.Is it possible to be clean in 3 months please help with advice.​

Welcome to BL!

What do you take those products for - the black seed oil, mtc oil and bulletproof coffee? What is bulletproof coffee, just really strong coffee?

If you've been taking lorazepam for that many years/decades, three months will not be nearly enough time to taper off comfortably. It would be infinitely safer and more do-able, particularly if you have been struggling to find ways to manage your stress outside of benzodiazepine use, over a longer period of time (like nine months).

You don't need to take time off from work for this, just slowly, ever so slowly, reduce your dose once every week or two. If you can get 0.25mg pills, this would be idea. Is there any way you can get switched from lorazepam to diazepam? It will make tapering off significantly more do-able.

Thanks very much for the reply.Do you know if 0.25 is readily available in most pharmacys.About the diazepam would i just switch completely over from lorazepam all at once.Also how many and what milligram of diazepam would be equivalent to 4mg of lorazepam
Thanks

P.S. I suffer from Hashimotos (Thyroid Gland) auto immunity,and chronic fatigue syndrome.These products are good for this and many other things especially the blackseed oil and mct oil.

The bulletproof dosent have any myotoxins in it which can give the jittery effect from caffeine.Ingredients is ghee butter,almond milk,stevia and the bulletproof coffee.Great for energy and mental clarity

I believe 40mg of diazepam is the equivalent dose to 4mg of lorazepam. You can switch all at once at that dose, in fact you should not be taking both lorazepam and diazepam at once. If you do switch to diazepam dispose of your lorazepam just so you're not tempted, or at least have someone hold on to it for you.

I am not sure if 0.25mg lorazepam are commonly available at most pharmacies, I'm sure they could easily order it for you though. 0.5mg is commonly available at most pharmacies.

Check out the Ashton Manual, it has a bunch of great info for tapering off benzos. It is a wonderful guide. Just remember, slow and steady wins this race!

Here is a link to the Ashton Manual: http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm#3

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i have a few things i need help with, i have been reading this forum for awhile now and it has really helped me through. i will try to make this shot with that i have been useing pills since i was 18, im now 27. started with oxys then to herion( smoking), i stopped the herion because the WDs where, HOLLY HELL!!, but only to trade it for oxys and percs. i take close to 100mg-150mg of oxy 5mg a day and up to 300mg a day of percs 10mg onother days. during the summer i make alot of money that supports my adiction, but the winter it gets hard and do half that a day do to less money.
recently i decided to enter myself into a subs treatment, 6 weeks was a waitlist and nearest apointment i could get. i continued to use till then, i had little money at this point and was very far into negitive. once i was able to be entered into the program i had no money to get pills, at least till next pay day 2 weeks out. i started the prgram going into it thinking i had be clean due the horror stoies ive heard about not being clean when starting. i do my first drug test before actually takingand of course its clean, i had no money for more. i picked up my script and came in a few days later and started my first strip. taking a drug test everytime come in, for three weeks now. they are now clean because i dont want pills for the most part ecept at night, but im able to fight them off or take some of the strip.
My last apointment was monday and everything about this apointment was fustrating. My doctor was upset, VERY UPSET! with me, that all my test have been clean. she exsplains to me how im at risk of being kicked. she goes into how strict the program is and how regulated it is. i was asked how i can prove to her i need help, i told her all i have is my word, i guess. as you know an addicts word means nothing, to most people especially a doc thhat deals with us aot. What i took from it is she needs a dirty test?
ive been thinking about this alot, im very happy i have made 3.5 weeks not using. but i know if i lose program i will be right back where i started and maybe even worse. i have thought about getting some to give her what i think she wants? ive heard alot of these doc are crooks and its so messed up to think. i have to relapse to stay in?
im sorry for the long post i felt the need to give my background,i guess to justify it to myself. i cant explain how this makes me feel. can someone give me some advice or thoughts on what i should do.

im sorry to jump in here, this is my first time and been waiting all day for somthing, with no luck. sorry if i mesef any thing up.

IM LIKE YOU,i REALLY DONT KNOW THE RECCOMMENDED TIME TO TOTALLY WITHDRAW FROM WHAT YOU TOOK SAFELY.tHEY HAVE TOLD ME WITH BENZOs it should take to be safe 9 months.Sorry about all the caps trying to type in the dark lol.I know there are alot of people on here far more qualified than i am that will be willing to help you.
Thanks and God bless 3.5 weeks clean Praise God.