• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin New to this and need help with iv

Kyleeatsbelew

Greenlighter
Let me preface this by saying IVE ALREADY READ the iv use guide 30 times so please just help a brother out

I?m a relatively new heroin user. I don?t need anybody trying to talk me out of doing it please, I?ve done drugs my whole life.

Anyways I use every month about 4 or 5 times, spaced out. I?ve never been sick because I?m not dumb and know I don?t want to be a junkie, even if I did I couldn?t afford it. Anyways my preferred roa is iv. I?ve struggled from the start registering with 30 gauge insulin syringes. All that ends up happening is me pulling the plunger and getting nothing. I?ve tried some different gauges and unfortunately only can shoot up with 25 gauge needles. Apparently this is incredibly bad to do because it Years up your veins. Please help me and tell me what to do. I?d like to used a smaller gauge needle so I can hit veins other than the stereotypical fore arm vein. I need to be stealthy. Any help would be appreciated.
Also how much sterile water do you typically use per shot

Mate it depends on your body and how your veins are laid down, how healthy they are and how easy to hit.

30 is a little thin. Can you get BD 29 gauge short needles? Another common one is therumo 27g. I had more success with the 27g terumos (short) as they werent as flimsy but iv for years and no issue with either.

I would not use 25 or 30g.

If the 30g needles are too long then youre aiming too deep likely.

Do you IV users ever switch gauge? When I do injections for my dog I draw it up with a 25 gauge, but inject with a 30 gauge (most of the time; it takes twice as long to do it with a 30 gauge, but the dog seems to prefer it). I mean, if you have options.

The 30 gauge can be a pain in the ass to draw up anything. Insulin syringes are for SQ or IM anyway, not IV.

I prefer 30 gauge short length.... I use the sterilfilt and they draw fine besides the brand I get fits funny

The longer needle can allow for a shallower angle and less chance of infiltrating because you're at a perpendicular angle with short ones. Also you should consider drawing a slight vacum as soon as the needle is submerged under the skin, as you advance the flash will hit when you're in the right spot. Trying to place then adding suction for a flash is far more difficult. Mapping out your veins beforehand can save a ton of wear and tear playing pin cushion searching.

I think OP had discretion at the top of his concern list. Shooting between his toes, IOW. I don't know if the same vein-tracing strategy would apply (and having veins traced on your body isn't very discrete.

I can't even make up advice for that. No wait, of course I can: OP, if it's trouble for the veins you can see, it's gonna be even worse on out-of-sight areas. Maybe you should reconsider your ROA?

Well you scrub the texta off afterwards.

People who iv on the regular and got used to their body and found their comfort zone would take less time etc

Newbies need to make time to get things right.

Ok mate.

Are you using plain old boring heroin or thar black tar?

Have you had any success at all iv or no go at all?

Have you really read the whole guide?

Have you had blood taken before?

Dont attempt anywhere below the heart.

People do but its not advisable due to bloid flow and distance to your heart.

Atempt ONCE at a site. If you fuck up leave it. It can wait another day.

Use the bloody usual elbow crook area mate and dont go all fancy. If you cant hit there then you cant do it at all.

Use the 30 and above if you attempt towards hands.

Dont fucking do that either until you can hit bigger veins.

Make sure the bevel is correct and dont hurry.

Usual sterile water wash your hands and alcohol wipe your skin.

And dont shoot up if youre already shitfaced.

Lastly if you put even firm pressure on the site after you wont bruise.

Ok mate

Good luck