• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New to suboxone !!! Plz help

tsen734

Greenlighter
Hi guys I am new n here is little abt myself -- 6.1 ft, 84 kg and Asian male. I have been using arnd 300 mg oxys (apotex OCD 80) average and 2 gms of coke on daily basis for almost a year. cocaine hasn't been and isn't a problem for me coz it reacts strangely with me and i don't get the euphoric feeling??? It increases my efficiency and gets me going. I was tapering on oxys by myself but it was tough. 7 days ago decided to take medical help to come clean from opiates and cocaine and from 12th Dec I started on Suboxone. it seemed better option then methadone to me. started with 2 mg but wasn't enough since the oxy withdrawal didn't go away. today is the 7th day n I am on 12mg Suboxone. I still crave for Oxy a bit but nothing crazy and I m little agitated at times (but 20X less then how much it cud've been). sleep ok except 3to4 times m awaken while sleeping since day one.
I've Few doubts hopefully someone can help me with their own experiences. Is 12 mg Suboxone a big dose n hard to get off? should I increase my dose as I still have slight of withdrawal symptoms still present. My doc advised 14mg but I insisted on staying on 12 mg. I plan to get off Suboxone by tapering it once I stabilize myself on a optimum dose. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I believe there is always an exit where there is an entrance !!!!

HAVE POSTED THIS FEW TIMES EARLIER BUT DIDNT GET ANY RESPONSE. AND CAN'T EMAIL ANYONE FOR HELP COZ I CAN EMAIL ONCE EVERY 180 MINS.

Bro no reason to take 12 mgs you're just adding extra bupe into your body that you're gonna have to kick later . Less is better with subs take 1 mg every 2 hours spread it out until you hit your dose and I'm sure 8 is enough after 8 mgs you really aren't getting that much extra from it . I might be wrong , but you should try to take it small dose as posssible for the least time as possible start tapering now don't take it for weeks straight or you'll be kicking subs instead

I feel that addicts, myself included, tend to waste an unnecessary amount of time on wondering how bad these maintenance drugs will be to kick. There are a lot of junkies at the clinic who talk about how "the clinic is controlling their life/ruining their life" or whatever the fuck. Well, let's get real. A relationship is in almost every imaginable circumstance, an improvement over the relationship with the street. I feel that you should worry about normalizing on the Buprenorphine before making any important life decisions.

12mg Buprenorphine is approximately half of the maximum for commonly prescribed dosages. 24mg is not uncommon. Like Methadone, which I feel is doled out too liberally, most folks don't need that much. However, you have a fairly large habit. It's totally possible that you might require the maximum dosage. My advice is to stay on your current does for now and hope for a reduction in symptoms over the course of the next few days as the levels of Buprenorphine in your body rise.

After these few days have passed, we can reexamine where you are in the process.

Yeah... I have been on subs for like 5 years or so now.. It saved my life, I believe.. I was badly addicted to not only injecting opiates, but injecting stupidly high amounts of strong opiates/opioids daily for years, also doing cocaine mixed with the heroin, dilaudid, oxy, opana, etc... I was doing everyday... Speedballing.. and mixing my daily script of klonopins with that shit.. it almost killed me.. and I still kept doing it because I was so far gone down that addiction/lifestyle..

So, I had tried subs, in those 5 years off and on... started out not really liking them... actually downright hating them compared to full agonists.. and I would get on them, try to do quick tapers, and fail miserably everytime.. every time starting at 8mg a day, getting down to 2mg a day, at the lowest.. then just relapsing and ending up back where I started before getting on the subs... It was very hard for me to commit at first, with brain wired the way it was.. the whole ritual of running to the spot, picking up dope/coke, riding to a parking lot/home/somewhere to do said dope, doing it.. loving it too fucking much, and then repeating all day everyday, when I wasn't at work.. I almost died one night mixing a shitload of oxycodone IRs, smoking crack, and takning klonopins all at once, over one night.. just kept doing more oxy, then smoking more crack and then taking klonopin after another on top of that.. it was stupid, I passed out.. long story short, I was almost dead, and a friend revived me and saved my life... then a week or two later, I watched a friend of mine, OD and almost die, and then had to save his life.... that's when I said, fuck this, I'm done!!!

SO.. still, after not touching any full agonists for roughly 16 months or so now.. and just sticking with my subs, and actually taking them, I am so much better now... Its like, you kind of got to have a little bit of will power, and let the subs do their thing, and get adjusted to them.. it takes a little bit to really make the switch, but trust me when I say, its well worth it! Like Keif' said, its way better than having a relationship with the street, if you do get addicted to taking bupe instead... so much safer, and all around better for you in so many different ways!

I kept screwing up when I started bupe, because I didn't really want it! I just wanted opiates, and that was all I thought about, no matter how much sub I took... there were days, when I would take 8mg in the morning, and then try and do some dope or oxy, 4 hours later, just because I wanted to do it.. the whole ritual I was addicted to.. and then waste my money, because the bupe was blocking it 100%... Its not as simple as just taking suboxone, and poof all your addiction vanishes... it requires patience, and possibly something else at least for the transition from dope/opioids to bupe, like smoking a little weed or maybe taking a small dose of a benzo of your choice too, just to take away some of the anxiety/mental parts of the opiate to bupe transition... it did for me! I couldn't have fully committed to bupe, had it not been for benzos like valium/clonazepam and weed! The bupe alone, wasn't enough to make me fully not care about full agonist opis anymore.. and it can be that way with lots of people, I mean by all means, if the bupe alone starts working then stick with it and go no further, but if you must... just know, there are other drugs out there that can help tremendously with the bupe...

Good luck man, sorry for the half a book I wrote... courtesy of Adderall, lol.:sus: