• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New To Suboxone.. Plz help !!!

tsen734

Greenlighter
My apologies if my post is not relevant. don't know how to connect to get help here.

Hi guys I am new n here is little abt myself -- 6.1 ft, 84 kg and Asian male. I have been using arnd 300 mg oxys (apotex OCD 80) average and 2 gms of coke on daily basis for almost a year. cocaine hasn't been and isn't a problem for me coz it reacts strangely with me and i don't get the euphoric feeling??? It increases my efficiency and gets me going. I was tapering on oxys by myself but it was tough. 7 days ago decided to take medical help to come clean from opiates and cocaine and from 12th Dec I started on Suboxone. it seemed better option then methadone to me. started with 2 mg but wasn't enough since the oxy withdrawal didn't go away. today is the 7th day n I am on 12mg Suboxone. I still crave for Oxy a bit but nothing crazy and I m little agitated at times (but 20X less then how much it cud've been). sleep ok except 3to4 times m awaken while sleeping since day one.
I've Few doubts hopefully someone can help me with their own experiences. Is 12 mg Suboxone a big dose n hard to get off? should I increase my dose as I still have slight of withdrawal symptoms still present. My doc advised 14mg but I insisted on staying on 12 mg. I plan to get off Suboxone by tapering it once I stabilize myself on a optimum dose. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I believe there is always an exit where there is an entrance !!!!

Hi tsen; second opinion doesn't host threads regarding drug discussion, im going to send this to BDD.

SO > BDD

Hey, I went through pretty much the same thing. I was hooked on heroin and going to methadone clinics but switching to 12mg'per day of suboxone was really weird at first. I still remember the first days of taking it curled up in my bed watching Shameless season one. It got better! No more chasing dope everyday and sub definitely helped.

Sub is a long acting drug, it takes a while to leave your system. Dropping from 12mg down to 2mg took me a couple months, but getting from 2mg down to .25mg took me even longer. Once I got down to .25mg my doctor gave me tramadol, gabapentin, klonopin, and I smoke trees and it was the easiest time coming off of dope I've ever had. I liked being patient but if someone has the willpower to stop cold turkey on a high dose more power to them.

Yes 12mg of suboxone is a moderate daily dose to be taking, and the longer you are at 12mg the harder it will be to get off. You might consider having a taper that is supervised to help keep you going down. You won't always be able to find oxycodone on the street so might as well kick the addiction now while you can.
I wish you the best of luck and look into kratom once gone completely off of the suboxone. It will help.

I've been on 12mg of suboxone for a long time but for me it prevents me from fking up,I was on methadone for years that is horrible shit, the sweats & the yawns & if I got the urge I could still use smack on it,I couldnt feel it but I could still use on it,something I cant do on Suboxone is use heroin which was my aim to get of the gear

I feel like a lot of the information is ultimately conjecture. It's going to be hard for us to tell you what dose of Buprenorphine will or won't work for you. Not only is your physiology unique, like everyone's, Buprenorphine is a tricky drug to chart and predict. For some, like myself, even after a serious habit, 4mg is plenty to allow me to function at work and keep my life running, so to speak. Then, I hear about folks who take 24mg per day and it blows my mind. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I just mean that I was basically a 2g per day Heroin user and 4mg did it. It didn't make me feel awesome, but it made me able to function.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with OP. You have to evaluate yourself and determine just how much you need to feel well. We all have different definitions of "well" also. I consider well being able to go to work.