• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New to opiates - Hydrocodone 5mg and acetaminophen 300mg

xevlo

Greenlighter
Hello. I'm new to opiates so I have no tolerance for them. I've got some pills from a family member that are 5mg in Hydrocodone and 300mg acetaminophen. I want to know what's the safest amount I should take to get a high buzz feeling, and what I shouldn't exceed. Will taking two of these pills be enough for a first timer?

It's not recommended to take more than 4000 mg or 4 g of acetaminophen in one day so be sure to not go over that, though it's highly unlikely you would. Taking a normal dose of Hydrocodone for someone with a tolerance could also make you nauseous. Always safe to start low and go up, take two today see how it feels, if you feel like you want a little more you can increase the dose tomorrow. You can always take more, but you can't take less. Also, before you get into Opiods/Opiates I would recommend reading some of the stories on Bluelight about them. Even if you don't continue your use now, you still have your entire life to come back to them and once you've tried them they are pretty hard to forget.

Hey xevio, welcome to BL! You came to the right place.

I concur with SheWasLvL18's post.
My advice to you (or anyone that is opiate naive) would be to simply research the drug at hand. BL has endless amounts of testimonials and information but also research outside of BL, too.
Also, for dosing, there are multiple variables that can play a part in dosing such as: weight, height, when you ate your last meal, if you have any other drugs in your system, etc.
I would suggest starting with 10mg hydrocodone as a first time. I think 10mg of hydrocodone will be a good "entry level" buzz. but most importantly, it is a safe dose, too. Just be sure not to mix it with anything else.

I look forward to hearing how it went.
Sincerely,
LS

Your question reminds me of a memorable thread, here.

It's memorable because it got a bit heated; then again, the poster wanted to know where to start with opiates because she was curious about fentanyl.

We shouldn't recommend any opiate or dosage just to get you high. There's an ethical issue in recommending drugs for recreation, especially in a class known for difficult addictions. No "safe" pharmaceutical, etc.

But I can tell you that I, as someone with no opiate tolerance, even when 100 pounds heavier, found two hydrocodone 5mg/APAP 500 to make a very nice morning indeed. But that's on an empty stomach and with intense lower back pain. Other times that same dose has felt no different than aspirin.

So yes, two of those can give a person a very pleasant buzz if conditions are right.

I wouldn't take more if they let you down, wait for different conditions instead.

/\ this... in terms of physical dependence and addiction, taking none at all would be the "safest".

Because of tolerance, physical dependence and potential for addiction, taking the lowest amount possible if any at all would be the only "safe" recommendation.

In terms of overdose, I think the acetaminophen is going to be the limiting factor here.

A word of advice... opiate addiction isn't something you want to discover first hand if it can be avoided, and by the time you realize you are experiencing addiction it is too late to be avoided, although early recognition can help minimize the damage.

Pls dont do it at all.

Lock them up n save them for up to one year, use when you gotta severe toothache or you crash your skate board n can't get pain relief or see dentist / doc right away.

They're pain killers .
Pls dont set yourself up for an opiate addiction; it gets ugly.

Take care.
Pls dont make a habit of this.

^Yup. I've never managed to hang on to things like that, like after the dentist.

I always wait till I'm bored and wash some down with a beer. Sure, I get a nice buzz or two.

Then I'll pop my jaw out of socket again, and hate myself for not saving them (the jaw pops out like twice a year at least, it's not like it's a surprise ).

They are so much better when you actually need them.

I agree with above posts - 10 mg is a good amount for someone with no experience and that dose isn't dangerous although you may get some nausea and drowsiness, so don't plan on driving anywhere afterwards. The advice I give people is wait at least an hour before taking any more (if 10 mg isn't doing much for you) to see how it affects you.