• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New to opiates? Don't want to get addicted? Follow this beginners guide

It is VERY VERY hard to do it but it can be done. I cant do it and I dont know many people who can but I suppose in therory it can be done.

"In theory", as opposed to "in practice." In other words: easier said than done; easier in thought than in application; so on and so on.

oh and those who think you cant break addiction with sheer will. um you can. its not a cake walk but it can be done. iv done it. you have to have the will power to say no. and the persistance to stay with ur decision. trick is to not get addicted to sumtin else while your quitin which its alot easyer to get hookd. and if you "fall off the wagon" get your fucking ass back on instead of wallowing in self pitty!

much love 4 u quiters;)

You obviously don't know how to read...or you just don't pay attention.

No one said it can't be done, they just said - as I JUST pointed out for you - that it's easier said than done.

And just because you did it doesn't mean everyone can. We are not you. You are not us.

So what about me? I was just prescribed Oxycodone 10/325 for pain. What if I need them to live, move and function, but don't want to become addicted?

The first post is good.
Not exceeding your target dose is a good idea.
Waiting for a period of time to allow for tolerance to lower, so you can enjoy your target dose is also a good idea.

As for the tabloid bollocks, I've seen with my own eyes the heartbreak heroin abuse can cause, so I don't think they exaggerate. I have friends close by who use, and have nearly died, some actually died.

One question, you say, only on weekends is a bad idea.
Surely this is good, as it gives the user a week for tolerance to lower again?
How long gap would you suggest?
Heroin isnt my cup of tea, but I am asking in terms of codeine or kratom?
Are you saying that abstaining all week isnt enough?
How many days does it take for tolerance to lower?

Sorry for the questions, but knowing these will save a dependency.

So what about me? I was just prescribed Oxycodone 10/325 for pain. What if I need them to live, move and function, but don't want to become addicted?

You should be fine by taking your recommended dose. 10mg of Oxycodone is not a high dose IMO. Drug ABUSE leads to addiction. If you start taking 20, 30, 40mg. instead of your prescribed 10mg., thats how addiction starts.

i'm not addicted to opiates. i only save them for special occassions after ive done something successful (such as taking a huge college exam, and then finding out i got an A on the test the same day is a good day to take opiates). i had a bunch of percocet 5/325's that i was takin 35-40mgs of for each dose, but i never got carried away. i always felt the need to save them for another time, and i would wait like 2 weeks.

i had a bunch of percocet 5/325's that i was takin 35-40mgs of for each dose.

Thats too much APAP to be taking at one time. The LIMIT is 4000mg in a 24 hour period, so taking about 2500mg in one shot isnt good for you.

I would suggest doing a cold water extraction when taking your Percocets.

Be safe and have fun. ;)