Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

New to MDMA, slight heart rate concern.

Colin1

Greenlighter
Hello experienced bluelighters,
Just looking for some guidance here
First time on MDMA feeling real good
Thing is my heart rate is staying around 70 or so and I thought it was supposed to elevate
Just wanna be able to enjoy this without worry simply looking for peace of mind.
Thanks all!

Hey Colin1, welcome to bluelight! MDMA slightly elevates your heart rate, but not much, so it's perfectly possible it isn't even noticeable. It depends on how intense you are exercising. If you're on a couch the entire night neither your heart rate nor your body temp will go up much. If on the other hand you're dancing vigorously all night you will notice a larger increase in heart rate and an increase in body temp, though not a lot more than when sober. If MDMA ever gave me a serious increase in heart rate while I'm not doing anything I would be alarmed, that would not be normal

Did you test your MDMA with a testkit by the way?

It's possible your BP is elevating but not your pulse. If you are really concerned test your BP during your roll, but personally I don't think that would much fun.

Your HR is within the perfectly normal range and you're worrying that it's not going higher...?

Heh, people keep thinking of new things to worry about. :)

An increase in heart rate while on MDMA is common, but not inevitable. The dose, your activity level, and genetics will all affect how your body reacts. (For instance, women are less likely to see an increase in pulse/blood pressure from MDMA.)

Hello experienced bluelighters,
Just looking for some guidance here
First time on MDMA feeling real good
Thing is my heart rate is staying around 70 or so and I thought it was supposed to elevate
Just wanna be able to enjoy this without worry simply looking for peace of mind.
Thanks all!

Just enjoy it you will know if something is wrong coz it will start racing . If you worry to much you will wreck your high !

Yeah MDMA might or might not cause any pulse increase. It seems to be more of an effect of higher doses or taking MDA in my experience.

Everyone is different but I always liked MDMA because unlike every other stimulant I could think of, it didn't put my pulse up too high.