• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

New SERT Modulators?

Moldy Plates

Bluelighter
I found this synthesis paper to be interesting: the quaternary ammonium tryptamine salts 4-HO-DMET, 4-HO-DMPT, and 4-HO-DMiPT apparently lose 5HT2A binding (in comparison to the tertiary analogues) while inhibiting 5HT reuptake via SERT. Seems like a viable start to some SAR work for new empathogenic drugs that are probably pretty safe. (though the 5HT2B binding is somewhat concerning)

I’m interested in your thoughts, but it went over my head. SAR?
Structure-Activity Relationship. The 4-substituted tryptamines are generally pretty safe molecules to ingest. Several things that mess with SERT (the serotonin channel that MDMA reverses) are not the safest molecules to ingest. I don't necessarily think any of these 4 substituted quaternary amines are going to directly end up being empathogens, but the basic skeleton is a decent place to start looking.

Structure-Activity Relationship. The 4-substituted tryptamines are generally pretty safe molecules to ingest. Several things that mess with SERT (the serotonin channel that MDMA reverses) are not the safest molecules to ingest. I don't necessarily think any of these 4 substituted quaternary amines are going to directly end up being empathogens, but the basic skeleton is a decent place to start looking.
Thanks for the further explanation. And thanks for this line of thinking. I believe empathogens could be a tremendous force for good in society, but we need more of them, and we need them to be safer and less prone to abuse.