• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

NEW Recreational Drug Combo: Seroquel/Quetiapine + Ambien/Zolpidem (facts inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ

Bluelighter
OK so, as of right now I am currently on this combination. Feel drunk & empathetic. This just happens to be a combination I ran into while talking to someone online. I told her that I was going to take 4 Ambien for a little trip. And I said, I know its stupid. Its sort of like a childish game, tripping on Ambien. But anyway...

I become half-way drowsy...little to no effects, not even any for sleep. So I think maybe a little longer so I smoke some cigarettes outside and I pretend like I'm some big tough mafia guy making marks...just stupid shit I do when I'm alone waiting for a drug to kick in. It had been an hour and nothing. I should have added that I was tolerant to Zolpidem.

2 Hours after consumption: So before I finally go to sleep I take my nightly Seroquel and bam...I feel the effects of the Ambien as if it were the first time I ever took an Ambien in my life. I become sedated, fall into a drunk like state, the substance in the characters on the television are odd like 3-D & I become empathetic. Those are the effects I remember, as I am still intoxicated.

In no way am I trying to make this sound off as if I just discovered benzodiazepines actually increase the high of opiates! Just being full detailed. I believe that Quetiapine produces what I call "dirty" sedation. Its brought out by blocking pleasure (dopamine & serotonin). These regulate sleep so therefor produce sedation...that's dirty. Ambien produces sedation by the release of GABA-A neurotransmitters. This is clean sedation. The two's different sedative effects collide and...you've now got another recreational drug combo. Conclusion: Basically what this means is that you can take a Seroquel to increase the effects of Ambien.

I've got Seroquel and I've got zopiclone. Lets do this thing!

I used to enjoy zopiclone 'trips.' Every time they started at 2.5-3+ tablets I'd get this very strange numbing, zoned out feeling and I wouldn't be able to speak because I'd mention the wrong objects and actions, then walls would begin to turn into floating 3D dots and everything would turn from a solid to more of a gaseous mass. Sativa weed with zopiclone would often remind me of a toned down salvia trip and it definitely brought me to places outside of reality with crazy immersive CEVS.

But it's been so long. I just can't feel that way anymore (tolerance).
Honestly, I'm hesitant to do Seroquel these days, and I'm pretty sure I've done it with zopiclone one time or another. Still, interesting find. I agree, GABA drugs are much cleaner than seroquel (which can actually make me jumpy). Nowhere near as strong though ;)

I'm not denying your experience, but I'd be afraid to try it myself. I'm prescribed Seroquel, but I only take it when I need to knock myself out. Seroquel gives me a feeling of being heavy, extremely tired, and uncomfortable at the same time. I imagine combining this with Ambien would create total chaos, at least for me.

That or it would just knock me out for a day or so.

idk man, i've had some bad experiences with seroquel(I.V. "Q-ball", not pleasant).

seroquel isn't exactly a good feeling sedation, its just super strong. i use it for sleep on crystal meth comedowns.

idk about it mixed with Ambien though, i might try it as i have both drugs.

it also sounds like this combo would knock someone out quickly(two powerful sedative-hypnotics taken together).

Clearly you have some tolerance, that combo would knock me out before I had time to type a report. Hell, either by itself would.

Clearly you have some tolerance, that combo would knock me out before I had time to type a report. Hell, either by itself would.

i have some tolerance and i think this combo would knock me out.

also i have my doubts that this combo would be fun, anything with seroquel usually isn't fun in my experiece.

Jesus Christ, I don't even remember typing this...

This thread is so stupid... Don't type stupid shit when your high or you might end up with this.

Jesus Christ, I don't even remember typing this...

This thread is so stupid... Don't type stupid shit when your high or you might end up with this.

maybe hide your computer before you do drugs, sometimes thats what i do(i'd send bizarre e-mails to my mother and post weird shit in BL).

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but it's the top google result for ambien with seroquel.

I just want to tell people that this combination is extremely stupid.

1. Seroquel is a dangerous drug that you really shouldn't be taking at all unless you have a pressing psychiatric need for it. A single use can cause incurable parkinsons-like tremors for the rest of your life. The risk goes up the longer you take it. I've been taking it for several years and I'm really jittery but I need it.
2. Seroquel will cause *extreme* sedation, sometimes to the point of sleep paralysis or, worse, respiratory depression. Mixing this with a lot of ambien, which is another CNS depressant, is stupid. You may not wake up, or you may wake up with brain or organ damage from scary sleep apnea like symptoms that come and go while you're unconscious. The literature has a case where ONE SINGLE FIRST EVER dose of Seroquel killed some elderly person due to respiratory arrest, and they were in a hospital at the time. Don't fuck around with this drug.
3. Seroquel kicking in is like getting hit by a train. There's nothing fun about trying to stay awake on Seroquel. I've seldom had occasion to try, but when I've needed to over the years at my 400mg dose, my speech is slurred and trying to think is like pushing against a glacier. I can't imagine any proposed combo that requires you to stay awake after having taken Seroquel.
4. All of the fun of the OP's post came from the ambien. The seroquel only contributed sedation. So why not use diphenhydramine or doxylamine succinate instead to provide sedation?

I took an ambien after a few beers once quite a few yrs ago and my exhusband found me asleep on top of a pile of laundry ontop of the kitchen table. Lucky for me his uncle didn't find me. Embarrassing!

One of the political party leaders here took Ambien during his stay on a hotel and he was going to bathroom while on it and instead took wrong door and wondered out of his room naked. I had to get him back to his room after realising wth happened when I was in a lobby and a elevator bell rang and out comes that guy without even noticing he don't have any clothes on.

We had a pretty interesting conversation going on in the morning while I was driving him back to his home.

Ambiens can really cause some trouble. A friend of mine had this terrible odor in her kitchen and could not figure out where it was coming from and thought it was a dead animal. Turns out while drinking on ambien she decided to defrost chicken cutlets, fell asleep fist, and never thought to look in the microwave bc she hadn't used it. She lives alone and doesn't cook much so didn't even occur to her to look inside! I have another friend whose X is hooked on them. She takes them during the day. Dangerous bc she crashed twice with their child in the car.

Seroquel and Ambien??!?? Those might be 2 of the strongest sedatives I've ever been on.

For some Seroquel causes just a zombie feeling instead of sedating up to a point in which you could sleep. 800mg of Seroquel didn't help me to sleep at all.

One of the political party leaders here took Ambien during his stay on a hotel and he was going to bathroom while on it and instead took wrong door and wondered out of his room naked. I had to get him back to his room after realising wth happened when I was in a lobby and a elevator bell rang and out comes that guy without even noticing he don't have any clothes on.

We had a pretty interesting conversation going on in the morning while I was driving him back to his home.

Bahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.