New New Order Album "∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif)"

Factualist

Bluelighter
Anyone here still care about them? They're probably one of my favorites if not my favorite band in the world.

That name is really fucking stupid but it's a good live album in my opinion. Actually like their cleaner sounding modernized versions of their songs. It's just a crying shame that Peter Hook split with them really acrimoniously. I saw them at Riot Fest a couple years ago and they were really good then too, at least I think lol, I was on like half a fucking gram of ecstasy so I would've thought almost anything was good. They sounded completely different then, so they're not just getting up there and doing the same shtick every time, they remix their songs a lot. To see them play Disorder though was incredible. I had no idea they played Joy Division songs, last I heard they didn't do that. When they opened with Disorder while I was fucking wrecked, doing the ecstasy shuffle and gurning like a fucking lunatic and for a brief second I had an indirect connection to one of the greatest and most influential bands in history, was one of the best moments of my life so far. Still have yet to see Peter Hook live yet, but it's on the docket

Bernard's voice was cracking by the end of it though, but I think he prepared more for this recording, since he doesn't have that much of the problem, and sounds better than I've heard him in a while.

It should be on streaming platforms, idk if they're all on YouTube but here are some samples. They did A LOT of my favorite deep cuts along with most of the hits that I like, would've been fucking sublime to have been there.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of New Order but there single hits are awesome. Bizarre love Triangle is one of my absolute favorite songs. I'm not sure what I think about those songs off the new album though.

Bizarre Love Triangle is one of my favorites too. Like I said, those are some of their deeper cuts and really not for everyone, so I get that. I think I'm biased as someone who likes almost everything they put out, well up to and including Fine Time, after that they're a bit more hit or miss.

They did Bizarre Love Triangle too on that album, but in my opinion it was one of the weaker ones they did. Didn't have the kind of energy that it's supposed to have. I liked the version they played when I saw them live a lot more.

By the way, what do you think of Ceremony? That's probably their best in my opinion. It was originally a Joy Division song and is basically Ian Curtis' suicide letter.

Yeah.... I really like ceremony. Also, of course Blue Monday..... True Faith, Temptation(Trainspotting), +Regret. I just listened to 60mph... pretty dope... Here to stay, Turn. I really dig the beat on Confusion but the song is kinda Off. Reminds me of the old school breaks that we cut rug to in the club.

I started listening to some Lost Sirens songs and I think I may have to dive a little deeper... I'll stay with you(dope).

I find a lot of New Order songs to sound a bit cheesy and sometimes Benard's vocals and lyrics are a bit ehhhh

Yeah, I can feel that. I like Blue Monday but it's actually not one of my favorite songs by them, maybe I've just heard it too much, it's still the song that got me hooked on them. Know what you mean about Bernards voice too, he has this disinterested monotone thing which on some, otherwise good, songs is really grating

Case in point:

This is another one of my favorites, but there are much, much better versions

Really enjoyed checking out Waiting for the Sirens album. A lot of great stuff. I'll have to digest it more but upon first listen it definitely has some hooks, Waiting for the sirens call!!, Krafty!!, Dracula's Castle(production+). Going to have to give it a few more listens.

Yeah that song is one of the those instances of the vocals feeling off. Cool production though.