• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New medication to be prescribed

Girlinred

Greenlighter
Has anyone tried Trezix? I have been on Tylenol 3 for years for migraines and nerve pain in my neck. I cannot find any useful info on them and they were super hard to locate in my area. Any info is much appreciated!

It is "just" your basic dihydrocodeine, acetaminophen and caffeine pill.

What do you want to know about it?

I guess just if it is going to be any help with pain. I haven't had luck with Tylenol 3 and didn't know if it would be the same. Are codeine and dihydrocodeine the same?

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain meds. I used to take a lot of hydrocodone when I was younger.

Hydrocodone is stronger than DHC but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Something that's worth considering though is that opiates are very poor treatment for nerve pain in the majority of individuals. Have you ever tried cannabis?

Yes and I much prefer using cannabis to pills. My husband isn't too happy about me being on ANY medication or drug. It's still illegal here where I live and we do have small children. I fell off a balcony when I was younger and it messed up my neck pretty bad. I don't have insurance and this Trezix is going to cost me 80 without insurance which is crazy! I couldn't justify spending that much money on something if it wasn't going to work for my migraines/neck pain. Is there something that can be done to make it stronger if needed? I've heard there were things you could do to make medications stronger but I'm dumb to all of that lol

You should probably try gabapentin. I would have reccomended lyrica, but lyrica is very expensive if you dont have insurance

It's hard when you can't get insurance. Everything is so expensive. That why I had fallen into buying Vicodin from someone I knew. My doctor is one that will try all other medications before prescribing the stronger stuff. But heck I'll be broke by the time we get to something that might actually work!

May I ask what country you're in if you can't get insurance? Or just one of those backwards U.S. states that denies health care?

We can get insurance. I live in the United States but we just cannot afford it right now. Everything we have checked into is very expensive.

I would try getting a quote from a different pharmacy (not a big chain) I've been in the same boat with no insurance and found the prescriptions less costly at independent/mom and pop type pharmacies.

I would try getting a quote from a different pharmacy (not a big chain) I've been in the same boat with no insurance and found the prescriptions less costly at independent/mom and pop type pharmacies.

odd. in my personal experience mom and pop pharmacies have always been vastly more expensive (like $1100 vs $600 at Walgreen's for 60 asenapine sublingual tablets) and often don't have/can't get what I need.
I would recommend gabapentin if you don't have insurance since pregabalin is pretty costly ...but you might be able to score some samples of it from your doc. I'm surprised he hasn't prescribed you one of those since they're indicated for nerve pain and can be very helpful in treating it, whereas opiates often do not have any positive effect on painful nerve issues.

Maybe that's why I haven't really had any luck with the Tylenol 3 working well for my neck. I think the Vicodin just made me feel good so I didn't think about he pain. The place I tried was a mom and pop type pharmacy. Things there are always more expensive but nowhere else had the medication. I just don't want to waste 80 dollars on something that doesn't end up working. I will ask my dr for samples of the pregabalin! I live in a very small town so maybe that is why this medication was so hard to come by.

Might be hard to find too because dihydrocodeine is most often used in the UK and in other countries they rarely prescribe it. It is pretty much double the codeine's strength when it comes to pain.

Why any pharmacy companies won't make things like dihydrocodone or dihydromorphone? :)

have you tried sumatriptan for you migraines? It works well for mine. If I start having the warning signs of a migraine, I pop one, and I end up falling asleep for an hour or so. When I wake up I feel a bit better.

Have you tried preventions for your migraines? There are a number of them out there OTC and by script. Testosterone has helped me tremendously and Ive read some studies where its been very effective in women. Another one ive seen work well is progesterone cream.