• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New IV user needs help hitting veins

Anon112233

Greenlighter
I have been snorting heroin for 4 years snorting it and i recently started IVing it I’m having trouble hitting veins and need advice please help. I’ve tried it about 6 times and hit about 50%

Last edited:
Are you tying off? Are you staying hydrated? Where are you trying to hit yourself? Do you fully understand the consequences on going down this road?

You want to go in on a shallow angle, you're not trying to dive bomb your vein. Also, pull the skin tight below where you want the injection site to be. This should eliminate the "rolly vein" effect. If you see the flash of blood but still feel the needle "missing" your angle is fucked and redo it. I learned like this, you're landing a plane not stabbing someone. It'll take practice if this is how you want to go. I practiced with just water to get my technique down, if you can help it and please do make the investment, use fresh rigs.. Don't reuse them, they will wreck your shit and track marks are a motherfucker to get rid of it, if you can get rid of them at all. There's some online guides used for nurses and emts about proper IV techniques. Google them you'll get the idea

Be safe man.. this shit is serious

Gently tie off, look for a vein right in the crooked part of your arm, when you hit a vein you will usually see a tiny bit of blood shoot into your syringe, this way yoou can skip trying to register the vein and fuck it up.... if you are missing you will feel it , stop right away . stay clean and use rubbing alcohol and clean shit

I do go in on a small angle and idk if i go deep enough or not or if I’m just missing to the left or right.

Practice with just water.. Sterilize the spot with an alcohol swab before each attempt.. Take a nice hot shower, some weight lifting.. get your blood pumping so it's easier to register

Years of "practice" made me able to hit myself better than most nurses and phlebotomists :!

I really advise against teaching yourself how to IV. It's equivalent to trying to explain to someone how to tie their shoes for the first time remotely, using only text. It is not a simple matter of explanation. Peripheral veins are not 100% identical from person to person. Variables like body mass index and such are also going to alter the visibility of veins. You really need to have someone around to show you how best to do it. There are people who are never able to teach themselves and all they really need is a quick, in-person tutorial.

I really advise against teaching yourself how to IV. It's equivalent to trying to explain to someone how to tie their shoes for the first time remotely, using only text. It is not a simple matter of explanation. Peripheral veins are not 100% identical from person to person. Variables like body mass index and such are also going to alter the visibility of veins. You really need to have someone around to show you how best to do it. There are people who are never able to teach themselves and all they really need is a quick, in-person tutorial.

I tend to agree. At the same time I've seen a lot of people who make amateur mistakes cause they never learned anything about how to do it and repeat it to others.

It's worth reading the specifics of how it's done correctly, but those are all technical things like correct bevel direction and tourniquet use. And of course injecting in the direction of the heart. Once you know those things, the rest is all technique and practice.

It's a mixed bag, some of it like the above you can just read. But other things, especially how to know where the vein is and hit it, that you really gotta learn by practice and can only be taught in person. You can't get a feel for it by description alone.

My advice is just to read the basic rules and then practice with water or something.