• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New injection method & sterile water at drug store old IV veteran technique evolution

R117329

Greenlighter
New injection method & sterile water at drug store old IV veteran technique evolution

I've done the IV thing off and on for many years. Found a new method today, possibly a little extra easy harm reduction. My whole technique has actually evolved to the process below from the days of using cigarette butts on the ground as filters. THIS IS NOT PERFECT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY INJECTION OR DRUG USE UNLESS UNDER A PHYSICIANS CARE! Maybe this is good, maybe bad. But if it helps someone, great. Plus it introduces a sterile water product I found at the local pharmacy (NOT intended for IV, but neither is tap water). I think it is more sterile than boiling water in a spoon. Also, I am anal about minimizing harm as much is as reasonably achievable. I even block my breath and air expulsion when cooking. This whole process makes me a little more comfortable because every step and item has received some form of decontamination, even if NOT perfect.

The pills are buprenorphine, if that helps. 70% alcohol is better than 91% because the extra water allows the alcohol to enter bacteria better. Cover nose/mouth because it carries the bad bacteria. Try and keep time to a minimum to reduce environmental contamination in the air etc.

1. Torched the spoon (I use a mapp gas torch, propane probably OK too). If lighter the only flame source, bottom only because of the residue
  2. After it cooled, poured 70% alcohol in the spoon, and twirled it around so the pool of alcohol goes all the way around the surface and touches all areas, and just dumped the excess that falls off on its own (NO SHAKE OR DRY).
  3. Took a Q-tip, pulled it out a little, and soaked in 70% alcohol. I set it somewhere clean where that end of the q-tip is hanging off and touching nothing to dry a llittle.
  4. Considering my pieces are small, I drop the pill piece into the lowest spot in the spoon, and the little remaining alcohol will slowly settle to the lowest point where the pill is, which absorbs the alcohol, killing as much bacterial as it can, contamination wise. After a few minutes, it should have all evaporated. If the pill is too big to work with the natural run off, I carefully would draw and shoot with a clean needle JUST ENOUGH on the pill to immerse it. I would probably fill the red tip with 70% alcohol to recap the syringe for the next steps.
  5. Utilizing MyPurMist sterile water obtained at Walgreens for $14 for 20- 30ml vials (or wherever else you find em), cleaned all around the tab that will be torn off to access the water with 70% rubbing alcohol.
  6. Using a new needle, carefully inserted it into the hole of the vial, tilt, and drew out how much water I needed.
  7. Sprayed the amount into the spoon right on the pill part to break it up.
  8. Cleaned my fingertips with 70% alcohol, and took the Q-tip I'd set aside, finished pulling off the piece of cotton, and balled it up, and dropped in spoon. It was still slightly wet with the rubbing alcohol. A very trivial amount. I'd never recommend injecting poison, but I was fine with the amount, and have been for a very long time.
  9. Drew up the contents of the spoon.

Add, flame, comment, whatever. Hope it is helpful and not harmful. Knowledge is power.