• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New here and need some advice, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swallowin_Klonopin

Greenlighter
Hey everyone!

This is my first post so please go easy on me :).

My Dr. Gave me a script for (1) 1mg clonazepam per week (5 per month) for whenever I have a panic attack from my crippling tinnitus/GAD. And has also recently put me on Adderall for my ADHD.

I've noticed that when I take the Adderall, my tinnitus goes away. I think it's because I'm focusing on other things. But I will still occasionally have panic attacks.

I don't take the Adderall on the weekends but hear my tinnitus and it causes more stress. I'm thinking about going to my doctor and talking to her about what I have lined out below. Let me know what you all think.

I want to explain to her that the Clonazepams take too long to kick in and that I've been reading online that Xanax works much faster and would be interested in getting (5) per month of those, in addition to my (5) Clonazepams. I would like to continue receiving the Clonazepams so I can take one in the morning on Saturday to last through the weekend to ease my anxiety due to my tinnitus (since the Clonazepams have a much longer duration). But would want to use the Xanax during the week if/when I have one of my attacks.

Let me know if you think anything is off base or if I should even bring up names of a drug I'm looking for or just tell her I want something that will work faster?

Thanks!

PS. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot. Cheers!

Normally i think these type of getting drugs from a doctor threads get closed.

Im not a moderator but maybe they might let it slide since your clearly probably not trying to get drugs to get high.

If the adderall gets rid of the tinnitis why not possibly take adderall everyday and ditch the benzos completely.

Going from 5 to 10 benzos a month might seem like nothing but at one point i was taking 0.125 rarely to slowly creeping up to 3 mg of xanax everyday and still having panic attacks.

Thanks for the response d1nach! I had no idea these types of threads get closed down. Apologies to the moderators if this is out of line, but as you pointed out, I'm not trying to get high from these. I just want relief.

Believe me, I've thought about taking Adderall everyday, but I would definitely still need (maybe need is the wrong word?) some sort of benzo for my panic attacks that's aren't JUST brought on by my tinnitus.

Are doctors usually ok with prescribing multiple benzos, nowadays? Sorry if this seems very ignorant. I'm still relatively new to all of this - only been on my script for about 5 months.

Thanks for all of the help! Cheers!

Based on these it seems both clonazepam and alprazolam reach peak concentrations in 1-2 hours. Idk where you read alprazolam works faster. But, these seem to be very reliable professional sources.

[1] "Xanax (Alprazolam)". RxList. First DataBank. July 2008.

[115] "Monograph - Clonazepam -- Pharmacokinetics". Medscape. January 2006. Retrieved 2007-12-30.

I'd just stick with the k-pin. I was on xanax for 7 years and it really sucked getting off it. I think xanax works slightly faster, but the short half life sucks which is why I'm on k-pin now.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I know I've ready accounts of people saying that Xanax kicks in faster for them than Klonopin. Am I mistaken in this? It does appear the peak time is the same. Could this be a placebo affect to those saying it works faster?

I ask because a few days ago I had the WORST panic attack of my life and the hour that the Clonazepam took to kick in felt like FOREVER!! When you're freaking out, time moves by slow as I'm sure some can empathize with me.

If Xanax can shave off even a little bit of that panic time, I'd be willing to try it. But I may be saying this just because I'm scarred from that experience.

Any and all help is welcome. Cheers!

The grass is always greener on the otherside. Im not an optimist. I wouldnt base medical choices on ancedotal claims. I was horrible at statistics and probably only passed because I honestly was interested. But, just that really improved my life.

The grass is always greener on the otherside. Im not an optimist. I wouldnt base medical choices on ancedotal claims. I was horrible at statistics and probably only passed because I honestly was interested. But, just that really improved my life.

I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying. I think I'm just going to bring up to my doctor that I want something that will work faster.

If your doctor is allotting you 5 pills per month then he doesn't want you to get too attached to them. It's up to you whether you want to ask for another benzo type drug but personally, I think it's a bad idea. D1nach is right in that we don't typically field questions like this. Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.