New-gen drugs to kick-start training / overcome lethargy (SR9009 etc)?

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
Hello,

I know the traditionally used stuff like steroids is only for those who already exercise hard and want to push it further. But some of the more recently available 'RC' metabolic drugs raised my attention in that they come off research for elderly and/or physically fragile people suffering from muscle wasting, etc. and in the case of SR9009 even 'simulate' exercise (in mice, but still).

The only real physically enhancing drug I've done yet (because of interest and as it appeared to be quite safe) was myo-inositol trispyrophosphate (ITPP+). Some of the effects might have been placebo, but I was stunned by the power of this tiny little inositol derivate. Once I've used it when I had to move, and while it of course couldn't magically improve my (low) muscle power, breathing became so easy and effortlessly while carrying the loads down- and upstairs over and over that at some point I nearly panicked that 'something isn't right' and I won't be able to get enough oxygen- while the opposite was true of course. Recovery time needed for the muscles was shortened remarkably.

Of course, I should just go out and exercise every day, or go to a gym ... I really want to do this, well, from time to time. I have a long history of mental illness, things like depression, avoidant / anxious personality disorder and/or inattentive ADD. In my early twenties, I've done numerous tries to become fitter, running, swimming, gym ... and failed gloriously to stay with that. I'm too unstable mood-wise to keep motivation over a long time. Also I've always been a very lean guy, my max weight has been around 72kg / 1.80m, currently I'm at 65kg again. Nutrition could be optimized probably, but I just seem to have these genetics and very probably low testosterone (tendency to be shy, low self esteem, full hair, few beard and low sex drive). All the psychopharms and drugs probably haven't exactly helped here.

So, long story short, could I profit from some of these newer drugs, especially SR9009, maybe one of the SARMs (to potentiate exercising) etc.?
I've accepted enough risks with psychoactive drugs to take the one or other one that might have some physical benefits - it's not yet a real issue but I know it will become one when I get older and don't change my lethargy.

Thanks for your answers!

Sure, some of them seem to be (on paper, mostly on rodents lol) pretty decent. You do see anecdotally claims of decent effect, like your own. Often they've been combined with other drugs so it can be hard to determine their precise usefulness. What one(s) did you have in mind?

Although it's not a practice I would normally advocate, sometimes when you start taking a PED, that process in itself can help galvanize and motivate into following a routine since the positive effects are amplified. If the PED in question has few side-effects, it doesn't do much harm just to try.

Haiii dopa :)
http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/141223/ncomms6759/full/ncomms6759.html
It seems that rev-erb agonism might decrease REM sleep and slow wave sleep where most of your growth hormone is released and body repair is done, if that's the case it could be kinda counterproductive I suppose unless there's some disease scenario where your muscles are bottlenecking at lack of mitochondria. I had no idea this rev-erb was related to the circadian clock though. Wouldn't matter to much if it's not crossing the BBB too bad though I guess. But have you thought about GHRP/GHRH/IGF and such? That stuff is pretty interesting...

If youre dead set on something maybe just stick to gear if possible
I dont think any of these new things really give the bang for the buck

You could start with just D3 and focus on the potentiating effects that I've personally seen in my own experiences. (anecdotal evidence of course so I'm hardly a reputable source for that claim)

Hyper vigilance with supplementation and nutrition catering towards fitness does quite a bit IMO.

Wouldn't matter to much if it's not crossing the BBB too bad though I guess.
Does it make any difference to take the SR intranasally (and does it even get absorbed that way)? I really hate the smell of DMSO, and injecting is out of question for me..

GrymReefer said:
You could start with just D3 and focus on the potentiating effects
Could you explain D3? I don't find anything on that term.. thanks!

^^ Why would you inject DMSO? Just drink it in some orange. And then some more to wash the taste away! PS I think he means Vitamin D...

Sorry, I meant that the SR is said to be inactive orally, so it has either to be injected (SC, IM, etc) or used with DMSO with the usual procedure being to rub it on the skin... but have also read that the DMSO can be so strong that one's breath will smell a bit of it, which'd be socially disturbing..

But then a DMSO mixture is absorbed from the digestive tract too (ok, why it shouldn't be) - and the gastric acid won't destroy the effects and/or the SR?

Thanks :) I'm not yet sure whether I'll actually give the SR a try, at least at the moment.. just that 'exercise simulating' effect is quite intriguing..

DMSO does make your breath stink like garlic, but you're only talking about a tiny amount on the skin, and the smell will pass within an hour. There's no way to avoid the smell unfortunately, which is predominantly exhaled dimethylsulphide (DMS) vapour from alveoli exchange. Is there a reason you wouldn't just take it the straightforward SC way?

(...) and I haven't injected anything yet, it's probably exacerbated thinking of all the people suffering from diabetes and needing to inject insulin, but I dislike needles. It's some kind of crossing a safety margin that I don't want and don't will to do. I know that people are doing SC injections of nootropics like Semax etc. all over the way, but I find this a bit disturbing to be honest..

I'm not really sure about the differences of the nasal route - at least many things that are inactive otherwise like peptides (afaik even insulin!) can be administered intranasally. Would this be an option for things like SR9009, or does it not work this way / or cause more side effects because of the molecule getting directly into the brain, when it should be acting peripherally?

Last edited:
Ignore my first sentence. I read it wrong and for some reason thought of dopamine and serotonin.....

Injection of anything experimental is not condoned nor safe. The favorability of intravenous introduction most likely revolves around the associated compounds integral composition and it's inherent ability to resist deactivation due to the highly caustic digestive environment inside us. Hence why oral steroids have a methylation or alkylation addition to the carbon 17th-alpha sequence of the peptide chain.