• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs New drugs equal new music?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Hi All, i can’t sleep and anyway I had this vivid dream earlier on, it’s now 2.19am(few days ago). The dream I had I was working with prof. David nutt at Bristol university, he invented a new drug called n1 and a new digital code created by a computer that sounds a load of goby gook when sober but if you take this new drug n1 and you enter a new world of sound so euphoric when combined listening to the digital code, it’s something totally new and takes you on a trip never heard before or imagined before, its brilliant and beautiful, it’s been tried by a 100 people and David nutt has found no side effects and is safe, it’s been a secret within the university and experts are not sure to legalise it for public and commercial use, but the secret 100 say it’s going to be the future and big, it will be revolutionary and bigger than rock n roll. One student said bigger than hitler better than Jesus! So there you go! Maybe a lot of people didn’t understand acid house 303 sound until they popped an E? Maybe today’s music isn’t crap we just need the right drugs? Or the youths brain is different they hear things differently so they like different styles to us. I mean what’s in those energy drinks they consume? Maybe I’m missing something here? Maybe I should get in touch with the nutty professor. Maybe a new drug would revolutionise new music, what ya think?

Cheers

mark.

Sent from my iPad

Drugs definitely do influence music preference. This dream sounds interesting though. I don’t think many genres have ever been solely enjoyable under a specific substance alone. Usually you’ll find people that still enjoy it sober.

Fascinating story nonetheless.

-GC

Reactions: CFC
No, music never got made when hard drugs are involved it's a myth. A front man yeah but imagine giving Randy Rhodes Ozzies stash and telling him to play

The taste for music I already like just intensifies on various drugs. Always the same music, just varying shades of enjoyment. I still dislike the same genres I dislike sober. Never seen any change in that. But everyone's different, so who knows?

Yeah your probably right, but look.back at the 60s and the LSD thing and the vsummer of love it's all nostalgia they all.just look bored as fuck. It's never the music it's the celebritiy they force on it it. Music sounds shiyter on acid than it does on ketamine and that's a bold claim. Have you ever watched a pro musician play an instrument whilst tripping on LSD............no they don't create something beautiful they sound line a baby banging an electric guitar

Back then the public had access to likebless than 10 recreational drugs

Back then the public had access to likebless than 10 recreational drugs

Very effective prescription drugs were much more readily available (and acceptable) in the 60s. Musicians were also very early proponents of massive polypharmacy. I dare not imagine just how much mindbending crap some were taking when composing :LOL:

New generations create new music and trying to be different rebel.and go against the grain.........do you see any of that in our future stars

New generations create new music and trying to be different rebel.and go against the grain.........do you see any of that in our future stars

Everyone thinks they're a rebel until they realise that everyone that came before them and that comes after them also thought the same and did basically the same things in different ways.

History is just a bunch of fairly predictable patterns that repeat ad infinitum. So if it happened before, it'll happen again in some way or other.

Music in general was on the down slide. Then Napster killed music.( Yes, the greedy record companies bare a lot of responsibility). Throw in all the digital mp3 players and get rid of the physical product.( cd's, tapes, records) you have the perfect disaster. Then Covid, what no live music?
Bands use to sell their cd's or tapes( depending on the era) after shows and build local followings. Then they might get the chance at a break. Not anymore.
So much of the time people got big through album sales. How's that going. Why buy when you can listen for free. Bands used to have demo tapes and cd's and sometimes they would end up on college radio, movie soundtrack or interest music execs or whoever finds new talent. Huh, new cars have no cd players?
I'll be honest, back in the day I could be driving along and hearing a song and remembering I heard another song(s) : Then saying to my self" where is the nearest place I can buy that cd, at a good price"
When I was in college I ended up at all sorts of people's houses to drink and other stuff; and on many occasions the person whose place it was, would put on a great cd from a band I never heard of and after hearing it and maybe a few other songs by the band: I had a new band I liked. Something in high schools.
When music albums lost a physical form( aka records, tapes, cds) it further destroyed an industry that was greedy, foolish and on the decline.
When albums went digital and could be listened to for free: bye bye to many of the greedy, foolish record companies. This pay per(Spotify, You Tube ect..) listen on various platforms has destroyed the ability of so many but the top most popular musicians, recording artists, performers ect.. to make a living. ( I ain't even talking about them getting rich, I mean many musicians can't make enough money from music to survive.
What exactly is the fraction of a penny for each listen? Then there are managers, taxes, record labels, other band mates ect...
Then there is the obvious question: Are these places under reporting plays to make more money. Greed and dishonesty in the music business; No, lol.
So how many billions of times must a song be played before any real money is being made by a band?(group, singer, duo, posse ect.)
The drugs have gotten worse and so has the music.

Yeah your probably right, but look.back at the 60s and the LSD thing and the vsummer of love it's all nostalgia they all.just look bored as fuck. It's never the music it's the celebritiy they force on it it. Music sounds shiyter on acid than it does on ketamine and that's a bold claim. Have you ever watched a pro musician play an instrument whilst tripping on LSD............no they don't create something beautiful they sound line a baby banging an electric guitar

Disagree on many fronts. Music sounds way better on L than K IMO. Also my favorite music is always produced during times LSD use has been at its peak. I do understand the depth of intricacies isn’t for everyone but for my mind its complexity is like heaven.

-GC

Saying that peeps I like my music but haven't got a clue. I know how it's produced but my brain just doesn't have the wiring for tones and notes. I can play certain short things on the piano but that's it muscle memory as I still can't get a note right and if I do it's pure look but like I said I love my music I'm just no good at creating itblol

I'm suffering from bacterial pneumonia atm and on the the 3rdvday with antibiotics so I'm angry at the world

Sorry for being or seeming arrogant and obnoxious

Not at all man :) we all like different shit. The spice of life. And my own music tastes have changed so many times through the years.

Right now though I’m all about the funky neuro DnB type stuff, and lot of it seems LSD friendly. Then again everyone does K these days so it’s hard to know what influences who.

-GC

Music on Ketamine has to much reverb to it and doesn't make sense but I could see some dirty electro bass house D n D and house with an off beat. Apex twin is coming to mind the prodigy

I'm suffering from bacterial pneumonia atm and on the the 3rdvday with antibiotics so I'm angry at the world

You're doing real good, your posts were kinda funny so thanks

Best of luck fighting that shit and tolerating the meds

I only IV ket now for recreational purposes IM last to long takes double the dose and even it numbing you 300mg of crystals in your muscle isn't fun whist it takes 4 hours to dissolve lol. I use it subcutaneous for pain at a dose of between 50mg and 200mg but at the higher end it starts to effect you psychoactively. Best pain killer for any kind of pain. I mixed my own 10 or 50ml vials with bacteriostatic water in a sterile environment. 100mg fast IV will mess you up completely for around 20mins and have an after glow of around the same, depending on weight this is extremely important as to what dose will put you in a proper hole, I'm 85kg and depending if its es or racemic 200mg to 300mg will anesthetise k hole me for the 15 20 mins. Hence why hospitals use it for endoscopy and the like.

Using a cannula an a 50ml barrel 40ml sterile water and the 10ml vial makes it 20mg/ml just a little pump to your personal tastes is a good way to do it best if you can get a bag of saline to hook up and again you can set the drip speed to where you feel comfortable.

So all this ketamine depression centre $5000 lmfao what I've just said is around $50 obviously more if I'm using 5g for a 50ml