• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New Coke user, experiencing tongue&smooth sores, soar throat, fever&black gums. Help

Knownothingalma

Greenlighter
New Coke user, experiencing tongue&smooth sores, soar throat, fever&black gums. Help

QUESTION: I am totally new to this forum and the use of Coke alone. I have some concerns that I feel might be temporary, but a bitch until I'm through with. Anyway, I tried Coke 2 months ago my first time. Since then, I have used MAYBE 2grams myself, in this roast 2 months. WHEN I do, do it, I tend to take bigger lines than the others and gummies, because I've noticed that it takes more for me to feel the effect. Well, This past week , I actually did it 3 days in a row. Between 4 of us, it was only probably about 1.5 grams. Now, 3 days later, all this having started 2 days ago (also the day after last use of Coke) I have sores on my tongue mouth and gums, my throat WAS extremely soar, that much is at least less intense now, and also some of my gums is turning black. There was some black by my molar, and I thought that had to do with my wisdom tooth coming in, however today, now there is some blackening towards the front of my mouth, where you Can see if I were to smile. Sunday I also came down with an insane fever, which I assumed was from a night of Coke & drinking followed by the next day of poor cement in my back yard for 3 hours in 103 degree weather.
My fever is gone, my sores continue to hurt and spread. I currently have a total of 6, and I am noticing more black gum. Do I worry and consult in a dentist or Doctor?! Is this temporary, how can I help/reduce/relieve the side effects? My nose also got a bit raw, but I expected that. I have used ibuprofen and oragel for pain and robatusin for my throat. I read that possibly using mouth wash might help and I've done that a few times. So is this just a temporary bitch and if so any more suggestions other than laying off the white girl, or is this more serious and should I look into it more seriously with a dr?? Thank you anyone for any advice in advance. I have always been very anti drug all my life, I even try to stay away from cough medicine and pain pills even if I were sick, but now I'm doing it all ? Lesson learned.

That is concerning, especially if your gums are turning black. I would get medical attention if this doesn't resolve because it might be an infection.

Seek medical attention..I've had a sore throat but if u have sores and black gums I'd be concerned..could be a easy fix could be serious..u never know

Best to see a Dr with those symptoms. It will likely pass but I definitely wouldn't use more. Almost sounds like it was dirty and cut with something nasty. If that were the case a hospital might be able to give you something to counteract something. But after this long they will probably be treating symptoms. But I'm not a Dr so why the hell are you reading this. Your gums are black! Get your ass to the hospital and let them do their job!

I am concerned but I don't want to be too paranoid. I read that the mouthwash could help with the bacteria. And I read a few forums that said sores were common. Something to do with cocaine being a "corrosive drug" .. But yes the gums are really concerning. The sores hurt but I imagine they'll heal. I'm just not sure how to go about it. How do I seek medical attention and be completely honest? That's will get me the best relief in the quickest way when I am honest with them, but I have a toddler and I am sketchy about telling them and having my toddler with me, I don't know what problems that could cause me, because there isn't anyone I can leave him with until late evenings. And would I go to a dentist or an actual medical center??

A bit of an update, sores still hurt but the black gum in the back on my molar is going away and there is only the small part in the front still present.

That definitely should not be happening. A lot of cocaine nowadays is cut with levamisole, which is cattle dewormer. It's metabolite is a stimulant (aminorex) and it increases cardiotoxicity of cocaine which is already pretty cardiotoxic. It's action as a topical anaesthetic causes pretty severe vasoconstriction and can damage tissue but cocaine on its own should not be causing that damage to your gums after such a short while. I actually have never heard of peoples gums turning black, I have heard of deviated septums and skin dying and scar tissue forming when people skin pop or miss a shot. Maybe it's cut and you should find a different source if you are going to continue to use.

I do not plan to continue to use. I consulted with a dentist and she told me it's an infection. She prescribed me something that I have yet to pick up, (I am just now leaving the dentist) but other than that she said it should start to clear up on its own in 7-10 days. So supposedly this is all temporary, but absolutely NOT worth the pain. I haven't been able to eat or drink anytbing. Something as simple as water is painful. I tried making my own fruit and vegetable smoothies hoping to get something in my tummy, but even that is too painful. I am the only one of the few of us that did it who is experiencing this and I believe it has to do with me being the one who was doing the "gummies". Well, I did that assuming i was doing Coke without actually having to do Coke and get high, I didn't think it wouldn't have any effect other than the numbness. But the aftermath is absolutely terrible. I do not recommend it. Even tho at the time, I was enjoying it.

That definitely should not be happening. A lot of cocaine nowadays is cut with levamisole, which is cattle dewormer. It's metabolite is a stimulant (aminorex) and it increases cardiotoxicity of cocaine which is already pretty cardiotoxic. It's action as a topical anaesthetic causes pretty severe vasoconstriction and can damage tissue but cocaine on its own should not be causing that damage to your gums after such a short while. I actually have never heard of peoples gums turning black, I have heard of deviated septums and skin dying and scar tissue forming when people skin pop or miss a shot. Maybe it's cut and you should find a different source if you are going to continue to use.

This was my first thought. I've seen people getting all sorts of infections or weird bruising etc after using cocaine cut with levamisole. It's gross, it damages blood cells. Most of the cocaine where I live is cut with levamisole and pretty much everyone I know who has used it has gotten an infection of some kind. It can harm you whether you do "gummies" or not.

Using cocaine cut with levamisole is known to cause hematological complications including neutroopenia and thrombocytopenia and dermatological complications including cutaneous vasculitis, often causing facial and ear lobe necrosis.

Knownothingalma - Glad to hear you saw a dentist, please get more medical attention if it doesn't improve :)

Thank you very much for all the input, everyone. Swimming dancer- I am also happy I went. Whatever rinse she prescribed me for my mouth seems to be improving, making it at least bearable to go on with my day without wanting to cry from pain and starvation from not being able to use my mouth. Still very sore and still plenty of pain, but I AM progressing and that's what matters. Thank you!

since you state you're a new coke user and you seem to be chalking it up to 'these things happen' I feel I have to emphasize, the sores and black infected gums are definitely NOT normal reactions to cocaine.

in fact they are very alarming and abnormal reactions. glad you got the shit treated and also don't plan on doing any more of that coke.

I wouldn't say don't do coke ever again per say but that batch was definitely funky. if topical administration resulted in black gums I can only imagine what happened inside of you.

I assume this is a case of levamisole cut cocaine. I don't ever plan on using cocaine again in my lifetime, it is definitely not worth the risk and for me, the money to effect ratio is too high for something so compulsively addictive.

^ this. If you're going to do cocaine, it's a must to purchase levamisole test kits.

I do not plan to continue to use. I consulted with a dentist and she told me it's an infection. She prescribed me something that I have yet to pick up, (I am just now leaving the dentist) but other than that she said it should start to clear up on its own in 7-10 days. So supposedly this is all temporary, but absolutely NOT worth the pain. I haven't been able to eat or drink anytbing. Something as simple as water is painful. I tried making my own fruit and vegetable smoothies hoping to get something in my tummy, but even that is too painful. I am the only one of the few of us that did it who is experiencing this and I believe it has to do with me being the one who was doing the "gummies". Well, I did that assuming i was doing Coke without actually having to do Coke and get high, I didn't think it wouldn't have any effect other than the numbness. But the aftermath is absolutely terrible. I do not recommend it. Even tho at the time, I was enjoying it.
Respectfully you lost me at the use of the word tummy amongst adult dopamine extremists. I was reading so contently learning that the pesticide additive is mostly likely the route of my issue then BAM I almost deleted my account. Lol
(Let I’d be understood these are my own issues and my judgements are not a direct reflection of you nor should you take anything that seeps out of my sick little judge dumpster of a brain/mouth personally ) Tummy *sighs and shivers in disgust*

I don't know why this was resurrected, but it should be known that anyone experiencing symptoms like thos of the original poster should seek immediate medical attention. This is absolutely not something we csn help with or advise upon. It's something that a medical doctor must treat.