• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

new bf has bedbugs but isn’t getting bit cuz he’s high. help!

sorrowfulmoon

Bluelighter
Slept over my bf’s for the first time and woke up in the morning covered in swelling itchy bites that appeared like a rash all over my body. I didn’t think much of it but then saw a bug crawl out of my phone case and identified it and the bites to be bedbug bites. I’m scared to ask him about it without offending him, he doesn’t have any bites and I’m not sure if it’s because he’s high or maybe it doesn’t phase him (I’m super pale and have sensitive skin, so having a bad reaction) I know he can’t afford to get his place treated for bedbugs.. so i feel really horrible saying anything if it’s something he’s just accepted living with. I’m scared to even take my clothes off now that I’m getting bitten everywhere every time I sleep at his place and scared to say anything.... What should i do??

Sleep at your place? I am super sensitive to insect bites too, so I get it.
But I find the longer you wait, the harder it gets to tell someone the truth. You begin to feel like you should have told him earlier, etc.
And I think they are tough to get rid of, but just remember he could bring them to your place.
Try just blurting it out?

Sleep at your place? I am super sensitive to insect bites too, so I get it.
But I find the longer you wait, the harder it gets to tell someone the truth. You begin to feel like you should have told him earlier, etc.
And I think they are tough to get rid of, but just remember he could bring them to your place.
Try just blurting it out?
Thank you for the advice. I’ve considered it, I’m just rly nervous about what kind of reaction it will elicit (especially because he still lives with some family members)

just tell him this problem has to be addressed or it will get worse and spread from house to house costing people even more money to replace beds and treating their houses aswell.
thank you for the reply, just super nervous because he lives with family. exterminators are pretty expensive and they’re barely making ends meet as am i... Just cant figure out why he doesn’t have bites. Didn’t think bedbugs avoided pot lol

Are you sure its bed bugs.. it hid in your phone case? Are you sure you didn't have a reaction to something else.. like bedding material, a pet or flees. bed bugs apparently have a very distinct bite pattern something about breakfast lunch and dinner if i recall. Does it follow this?

Just cant figure out why he doesn’t have bites. Didn’t think bedbugs avoided pot lol
It happens both ways.
I’m a bug magnet. When I was in a room with two of my cousins as a kid, I woke up covered in bites that were the size of half-boiled eggs and my cousins were not bitten at all. Of course we were not in the US (where I’m from), so I am taken to a pharmacist who promptly freaked out. Always a bad sign.
I know it’s a tough subject, but it’s better to let him know.

It seems pretty likely these are bedbugs from the description: individual variations in sensitivity, biting people at night, hiding in small spaces.

Honestly, I'm shocked you even went back to see him again at all. You should not go over there again -- you risk bringing bedbugs back to your own house, if you haven't already. Bedbugs are extremely difficult to get rid of, not because of the expense but because you basically need to treat every piece of fabric in the dwelling. The risk/reward here is terrible.

Many states, including possibly yours, have laws requiring landlords to clear bedbug infestations. You can see a list here:

You can get the building bug bombed. Or there is a lemongrass solution that kills bed bugs and keeps them away. I never saw it as effective when I was living in public housing in Danbury. That building was infested and they kept wanting to know where I got them from. They were there from previous tenants and not me, but you deal. They will cling to you and reproduce if you carry them home which is a common way to new infestations.

Lemongrass solution maybe you can find a recipe and sprayer online.

Also you may consider spraying your shoes with rubbing alcohol before you go into a new building or your place. They made us do that before getting our mandatory injections at the needle clinic.

Are you sure its bed bugs.. it hid in your phone case? Are you sure you didn't have a reaction to something else.. like bedding material, a pet or flees. bed bugs apparently have a very distinct bite pattern something about breakfast lunch and dinner if i recall. Does it follow this?
Yes my bites fit the description. I thought it was fleas at first

Did they look like this?

Bedbugs bites are normally found on the upper parts of the body because they're attracted to the CO2 from your breath.

Flea bites are usually on the legs.

You say he's high all the time? Is that on amphetamines? When I was taking a lot of speed I never got bitten by anything. These bugs are quite choosy who's blood they feed upon.

Having said that, it's still possible they are feeding off him. Bedbugs inject an anaesthetic before feeding so you can't feel it at the time, and any resultant swelling or itchiness is purely an allergic reaction to the bug's saliva. Not everybody displays this reaction.

You need to search every inch of his house, starting in the bedroom as that's where they are most likely to be found. Remove all bedding and wash at 60 degrees C - this will kill all stages of the life cycle including the eggs. Check all creases in the mattress and behind the headboard - these fuckers like to hide. Adult bugs can simply be hoovered up.

Get a steam cleaner and blast everything you can including curtains, carpet and furniture.

Do this weekly for a month and you should be rid of the infestation.

There are chemical treatments available, but if you're thorough this shouldn't be necessary.

Then give your boyfriend a slap for being a lazy dirty cunt... ;)

You can get bug bombs fairly cheap. and most household flea sprays also kill bed bugs. Juts remember the treat any areas you can reach, not just the bed. so remove all the sheets, clothing ect... and wash them. Spray the fuck out of all other fabrics and areas.

nahh bomb nuke'em thats how u escape I still have'em here although I don't feel bites anymore I felt at one point but I guess am a reptilian shitt

It seems pretty likely these are bedbugs from the description: individual variations in sensitivity, biting people at night, hiding in small spaces.

Honestly, I'm shocked you even went back to see him again at all. You should not go over there again -- you risk bringing bedbugs back to your own house, if you haven't already. Bedbugs are extremely difficult to get rid of, not because of the expense but because you basically need to treat every piece of fabric in the dwelling. The risk/reward here is terrible.

Many states, including possibly yours, have laws requiring landlords to clear bedbug infestations. You can see a list here:

Great point but u shouldn't had to go this far, the Gov release'em ahah

Did they look like this?

Bedbugs bites are normally found on the upper parts of the body because they're attracted to the CO2 from your breath.

Flea bites are usually on the legs.

You say he's high all the time? Is that on amphetamines? When I was taking a lot of speed I never got bitten by anything. These bugs are quite choosy who's blood they feed upon.

Having said that, it's still possible they are feeding off him. Bedbugs inject an anaesthetic before feeding so you can't feel it at the time, and any resultant swelling or itchiness is purely an allergic reaction to the bug's saliva. Not everybody displays this reaction.

You need to search every inch of his house, starting in the bedroom as that's where they are most likely to be found. Remove all bedding and wash at 60 degrees C - this will kill all stages of the life cycle including the eggs. Check all creases in the mattress and behind the headboard - these fuckers like to hide. Adult bugs can simply be hoovered up.

Get a steam cleaner and blast everything you can including curtains, carpet and furniture.

Do this weekly for a month and you should be rid of the infestation.

There are chemical treatments available, but if you're thorough this shouldn't be necessary.

Then give your boyfriend a slap for being a lazy dirty cunt... ;)
Haha thank you for your reply. He is on percs and smokes pot a lot.. not sure if that’s why he’s maybe not getting bites or maybe his skin doesn’t react the same way.. idk