• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Never Use Alone.. 24/7 overdose detection hotline

NeverUseAloneInc

Greenlighter
Never Use Alone- a overdose prevention run by peers

If you are using alone and need someone to make sure you’re safe, please give us a call 24/7/365. We are a nonprofit harm reduction organization that specializes in overdose detection. NUA is made up of volunteers who have real life experience with substance use and have a passion for saving lives.

Since the fall of 2019, we have successfully detected 89 overdoses and each one survived! When you call, you will get a live, trained operator that will get some information from you and then stay on the line while you use until you’re safe.

Things we will ask…

Your name. It doesn’t have to be your real name. It could be an alias, whatever you are comfortable with.

Your physical address/location. We need this for incase an overdose is detected and there is a need for emergency services.

We will ask about the substance you’re using, route of administration, and other prevalent things related to your substance of choice.

We would get a list of health conditions and allergies.

Things we will not do…

♦️ We do not save your personal information or share it with ANYONE.

♦️We do not work with or report to the police or any other government agencies, including CPS. EVER!!!

♦️We will never pressure you into recovery

♦️We will never judge or mistreat you. We will support you with the utmost love and respect.

If you have any questions about our services or organization, please reach out! We are all about saving lives!

Amber
Communication Coordinator and NUA Operator

1-800-484-3731 NeverUseAlone.com

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, I appreciate all that you do. It's nice to see some actual, practical harm reduction strategies taking hold in the States. I'm currently in an outpatient program and fliers with your number are posted on every wall of the building. It's a great service and one that I wish I had been aware of when I was using drugs intravenously pretty heavily

I love hearing that!! I definitely agree, that I wish there had been services like this when I was in my active substance use. Thank you so much for your support and kind words. We really appreciate you <3

Do the operators engage in a conversation with the person that calls? Or just sort of listen in? I would imagine it varies I suppose 🤔