• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Neurogenic bladder associated with drug use

Hkrodin23

Greenlighter
I've recently been experiencing symptoms of neurogenic bladder (i.e: not being able to fully empty bladder, no sensation of bladder being full, inability to urinate at times). This all started about a week after taking a dose of MDMA at the beginning of the year. I was given a catheter and had a cystoscopy done and the symptoms went away. I started experiencing symptoms a couple days after another dose of MDMA in April (was unaware MDMA was the root cause). I went to see a urologist and they prescribed me flowmax and I was able to slowly get back to urinating normally again. During the time between MDMA doses I was taking LSD about once every 1-2months and was not having any troubles urinating. However, a couple weeks ago I had an episode of not being able to urinate after taking a hit of LSD (about 3 weeks after my last MDMA dose). I'm going to a music festival in a couple of days and I'm planning on taking some LSD. I'll be taking my flowmax script and some diurex in case I'm unable to piss again. Beyond taking these, does anyone have recommendations or experience with drug induced urination problems.

Appreciate any advice!

So there are treatments (especially pharmaceuticals, but saw that flowmax is just an alpha antagonist) for this syndrome? Or is neurogenic bladder something different than what you can get from prolonged use of ketamine?

Unfortunately I developed a slight burn when peeing and problems to fully empty the bladder, they show up when drinking too little and primarily using regular K, seem to directly correlate with the potency of an arylcyclohexylamine and the dose used.
Nothing to say, I should cessate their use, which unfortunately is heavily difficult, so I do at least use the more potent ones and drink plenty..

Something that protects the bladder against would be so welcomed..

For some reason dextromethorphan use over the last decade has seriously impacted my ability to start a stream and if someone is looking I cannot go at all.

A number of serotonergic stimulants make my bladder act this way, I hate it.