• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids NERVIGESIC® (Signature) Pregabalin CAPSULES taste like chemicals / paint

LokitriX

Bluelighter
Howdy!

TLDR;
These capsules taste like paint, anyone else noticed this with this particular brand? Does anyone know why?

Please skip to "NOW" if u dont care about the prelude of my question.

I got a few blisters of pregabalin capsules by the brand NERVIGESIC from the DN (The 300mg, red and white with "signature" printed on them).
I have ALOT of "experience" with these as they basically are the only ones available on the black market going back a few years now.
I used to get pfizers with the "300" printed on them before they disappeared but thats neither here or there.

I normally just buy the preg powder/crystals "straight up" as it is cheaper, plus I noticed a while back ago that the amount of pregabalin in the signature capsules can vary from everything between 260-320mg (majority contain 300mg on the spot though).

So my source was out of "loose" powder and only had the nervigesic product available and my stash was running low, so I bough 4 blisters (60 capsules).
I wanted to compare the loose powder I had left to what was inside the signature capsules. For some reason the signature capsules cant be opened, the two parts are "locked" or "stuck" together (probably to prevent people from opening them and putting something else in?). Anyway I took a pair of very tiny scissors and tried to gently cut the capsule open but when i cut into it, it exploded and let out a white cloud of pregabalin. I took the 250mg of preg that was left and compared it to my other powder and it looks and tastes pretty much the same.

I usually take pregabalin by mixing the powder with some coffee or energy drink because I feel like it hits faster that way.

NOW:
I decided to lick the capsule in one spot until the gelatin got soft enough to cut into without having it explode again and noticed a very strong, chemical taste. It straight up tastes like paint (to me).
I have noticed that they have an unpleasant taste before when I for example put one in my mouth and realize I dont have anything to drink and have to swallow it "dry" but I have never basically been sucking one before..

I decided to do some "research".
I took an empty Elvanse (Vyvanse) capsule that is colored orange and blue, sucked on that and it had 0 taste (or flavor if u will)
I did the same with a Omeprazole capsule (colored light blue and white) and again, tasted nothing.

Then I dropped the signature capsule in a glass of water and observed it for a few minutes, then repeated the same thing with the other capsules.
They all behaved the same. They expanded and turned into a fragile, gross and slippery version of themselves. One exception was that the signature capsule immediately "let of" the red coloring into the water, I could see the red color leave the capsule BEFORE turning the water to a reddish color. The red part of the capsule was still as red as it was before dropping it into water several minutes later though.
With the other capsules the water just changed color over time but I could not see the color leaving the capsule.

Are they maybe (probably) fake and coated with some shit or made out of some cheap, unhealthy shit?

It says that they are made in India. I heard most Hindu people are vegetarians and did some research on HPMC (vegetarian) capsules.
Some articles say that HPMC caps contain or affect some enzyme that affect the bio-availability in certain substances?

So should I avoid swallowing the capsules?
Or.. this is a stupid thought but, maybe that chemical taste is something that is supposed to be there? to help absorption or something?

To anyone sitting on the same product as me, can you please lick one of them shits and report back to me if yours also taste weird?
To anyone reading this, can u please check if u have some medicine in capsule form and check if they taste anything? everything I have at home is tasteless except for these signatures.

thank you for reading, I tend to write a frikkin essay just to ask the most basic question. I dont know what condition this is a sympton of, I refuse to go to a doktor, they have only made my life worse if anything..

Oh and one final thing. The blisters say to not chew the capsule. If that means anything.

I would be more worried about the chemicals in the capsules then the capsule itself.

I could be wrong but I don't see how it would make sense if the actual drug is legit for a company then skimp and ruin it by putting it in garbage that will make you sick.

They might have different laws on additives so maybe it's different dyes

Either way I think if I was you my best bet would be to swallow the entire capsule to make sure the active ingredient and whatever else makes it into the stomach with a very low pH made to handle these type of things and drinking a full glass of water red bull or coffee (after swallowing with water if coffee is hot might dissolve the pill) or whatever .

If you really wanted to do a comparison I'd imagine dropping the pill in contracted hydrochloric acid where it prob almost instantly break apart with lots of water from what you drank to buffer any irritation and a protective lining of mucus (stomach)

Vs mouth and throat that would be very sensitive to pH changes and irritation

I would be more worried about the chemicals in the capsules then the capsule itself.

I could be wrong but I don't see how it would make sense if the actual drug is legit for a company then skimp and ruin it by putting it in garbage that will make you sick.

They might have different laws on additives so maybe it's different dyes

Either way I think if I was you my best bet would be to swallow the entire capsule to make sure the active ingredient and whatever else makes it into the stomach with a very low pH made to handle these type of things and drinking a full glass of water red bull or coffee (after swallowing with water if coffee is hot might dissolve the pill) or whatever .

If you really wanted to do a comparison I'd imagine dropping the pill in contracted hydrochloric acid where it prob almost instantly break apart with lots of water from what you drank to buffer any irritation and a protective lining of mucus (stomach)

Vs mouth and throat that would be very sensitive to pH changes and irritation
thank you for answering!

lol!
Yeah I was thinking about the content of the capsule as well like u said (your comment made me lol :p). Thats why I i opened a capsule and compared it to my powder that Ive been buying from the same source for years. I am pretty good at identifying pregabalin via smell and taste, I ofc realize it COULD be cut with some crap without me knowing but without saying to much I trust my source. To me it smells kinda like cotton candy with a chemical touch. The content in the capsule is identical.

Product can be "fake" but still contain what its supposed to. Thats why Im a little skeptical over the capsule. Im thinking what if they are pumping out thousands of these blisters but cheap out on the capsules. That could result in a lot of money saved over time.

I hope I am just paranoid tho. Indian pharmaceuticals are known to be a little "sketchy"

I shall take a little break, take 3 caps then take a break, empty 3 caps into some toilet paper and parachute it and compare. I have been a little worried about my method that might mess up my throat like u said.
have been doing it for years tho. AND a good amount of GHB,GBL,BDO so if anything has messed me up it will be that :/

thx again for answering! got something to think twice about <3

Is it water soluble if your really concerned could hypothetically maybe just drop in a bunch of water mix poor off the liquid or maybe filter with a paper towel then wash that down with a second glass of water that way your not exposing your mouth and throat to to as high concentration of chemicals and the second glass might help the throat go quickly back to clean and normal. And no capsules vs toilet paper which I assume could get stuck in your throat and open up esp dry swallow.

Idk just an idea not. A doctor lol

the stuff I have right now is a mix of water soluble powder and crystals that are not water soluble (if the crystals are crushed they become water soluble). It might sound sketchy but I have seen LYRICA straight from a pharmacy look and behave exactly the same. sometimes it comes in 100% powder, there was a period when it came in 100% crystals. it all smells and tastes the same tho. when crystals are ingested they just have a longer onset. sometimes I buy empty gelatin capsules, crush the crystals in a "mortel". when crushing the crystals I can really smell that cotton candy smell.
overall I actually like the powder/crystal mix because when ingested, I start feeling a slight buzz after like 30-40 minutes from the powder and the crystals come into play like 60 minutes later.

Crushing it into fine powder and putting into capsules is a lot of work but it definitely hits the hardest, and is probably the healthiest way.
I have noticed the lower dosed capsules (75-150mg) always contain fine powder while the 300mg always contain some crystals (sometimes only crystals)

Like I said earlier I have a years of experience when it comes to the pregabalin itself :p . I just have a weird feeling about these capsules ATM.
I wish I could post a link. I just found an article where "terrorists" in mexico got caught with several millions in drugs and there are pictures with literal MOUNTAINS of nervigesic pregabalin boxes
I don't live in the U.S though so luckily that is not my stuff lol. :D

I feel bad for american drug users that never know when stuff is contaminated with fent.. over here fentanyl is IMPOSSIBLE find and if u find it, it is not worth the ridiculous price. So yeah, there is zero chance of something being "cut" with fent over here because that would make no sense economically for the dealer :p

I apologize for rambling, Im currently surfing on a mix of preg,sub,beer, and speed :/ :p

Oh and the ROA you suggested is exactly the way I do it lol. When I parachute stuff I swallow the paper ball and poor a waterfall of liquid directly after swallowing.

You could send one into Wedinos and see what comes back?

I actually know the smell now you’re talking about from the signature brand, it’s a weird ‘shouldn’t be there’ smell. But if concerned contact Wedinos here.

Can one just dump the powder from the capsule and consume it? I mean if it is the capsule causing the issue do away with it. The capsule has no merit in the pharmacology of the drug within.

Can anyone else chime in here? You can do it with other medications and mix it with like purée type food so I don’t see why not this (but please don’t take my word for this particular one - plus you’re still taking the fillers too from the med).

Also I’ve never done this and take the capsules as is.

I would not worry about it. These are after all sold as pills, you're not supposed to treat them like hard candy.