• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Nerve/artery hit iv

Cockbars

Greenlighter
Hi, do you always know if you hit artery or nerve? I was hitting in a old site in my arm, but little bit upper than usually. When i was sticking the needle in ny arm i felt pain and ”bite” so i didnt push the plunger and took it out fast. It didnt started bleeding badly, only small amount of blood came out of it but the pain was pretty bad and felt like zap. Afterwards it is little swelled and when touched it have a small amount of pain abs tingles. I dont know if it could been an arttery hit bcs i wasnt that deep but i guess you never know. If any of you have hitting the nerve before could you share your experience and how dangerous it is? Thanks if you can help :)

Here is also pic where the site is, is there big risk at this site to hit artery or is there lot of nerves? Ive used it few weeks now bcs my elbow areas are very scarred and almost collapsed.

FCB9-A3-B0-C1-B7-46-BC-8-CDC-042-BB5-D26-A46.jpg

I think thats probably what happened. Take a look a diagrams of veins and arteries in the forearm. They represent a general model based off all our general anatomy. The experience you post is right in line with an accidental arterial/nerve hit. Nice that you pulled back. Very weird electrical sensation that could have made your muscles semi contract. arterial if the pain may last for a bit and is significant. If it were me I would cross that location out on areas I would inject.

your arms are also scar free.. so consider skipping this part of the ride. You can prolong pleasurable maintainable use by utilizing other Roa.

Last edited:
Hi
I think thats probably what happened. Take a look a diagrams of veins and arteries in the forearm. They represent a general model based off all our general anatomy. The experience you post is right in line with an accidental arterial/nerve hit. Nice that you pulled back. Very weird electrical sensation that could have made your muscles semi contract. arterial if the pain may last for a bit and is significant. If it were me I would cross that location out on areas I would inject.

your arms are also scar free.. so consider skipping this part of the ride. You can prolong pleasurable maintainable use by utilizing other Roa.

Hi! Thank you for answering. I think it was nerve hit, bcs there havent been any pain/sensation in it or other symptoms. Only little bit of bruising and swelling in re. But if it were an artery hit, would it cause some further concern?

And yeah, ive mostly used my elbows in both arm, at the moment i have huge scars and lumps in both of them and i try to give them time to heal so i tried to find new injecting spots in my arms. I was stupid that i didnt rotate when i started. I’ve been using only iv about 10 months now, and i was clean few months in winter. Hope it wouldve lasted. I really wish i can left this phase behind sooner than later

Thank you for answering.

Ya, I can almost guarantee (like 99.9%) you did not hit an artery. I’ve probably started well over 1000 IV lines at this point. If you had even just nicked an artery, you would have one heck of a bruise.
What the pain you describe is a pretty classic presentation of hitting a nerve. If you didn’t still have pain when you wrote this I think all is likely well. Minus the fact that if you keep trying to hit your own veins and missing you are going to end up with trouble of some sort of another.
If you are struggling to hit your own veins I strongly suggest watching a few YouTube tuitorials on it search like “IV starts for nursing students”. This would be very helpful for avoiding some of the nastier complications of IV ROA.
From experience, the number one mistake outside of poor land marking is attempting to insert the needle with the bevel down vs. bevel up. If you need to keep injecting and you just can’t hit/don’t have someone who can hit them for you- you might want to consider learning to inject subcutaneously (into the fat) or intramuscularly (into large muscles) although neither of these is without risk either. My DOC was opiates and as I couldn’t be caught IV’ing, I’d go subcut. I found this just as effective as IV, but with a longer duration of onset.