View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

neocitran packets (dxm dosage)

Rdocs

Bluelighter
Hey so i am wondering if it would be safe to take 4 neocitran packets tonight for the most part all at once (as fast as i can drink 4 cups of the shit) the packet's contain 1000mg acetaminophen, 30mg dxm, 60mg Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, 4mg Chlorpheniramine maleate, as well as some non medical ingredients each so x4 is what i will be consuming.
i know acc can be seriously damaging at high doses but reading what people have said it sounds like 4000mg once wont hurt me. so what im basically asking is there any reason i shouldn't take the 4 packs? ik what you guys are all gonna say there's no point that low a dose of dxm wont do shit but it will trust me XD i think i lack the enzyme that breaks this drug down (from what i have read) because a 200 mg dose had me on mid 3rd plateau not even fucking with yall

also if anyone knows an easy way to extract the dxm that would be super helpful. it comes in a powder so i feel like it would be easier to extract than say if it where a syrup

no i am not a teenager
no i do not do dxm except maybe once a year (i do way cooler drugs) <---- a joke
no i am not stupid i realize the risk
any info (even if its off topic) is much apreciated

thanks "Rdocs

You already recognize the risk of ingesting large amounts of APAP, but 240mg of pseudoephedrine certainly could cause some uncomfortable stimulation or headaches, though this dose is nowhere near dangerous as a one time dose.
The chlorpheniramine is an anti-histamine and 16mg is also well within safe limits for ingestion.

Since the other compounds are safe at their dosages you could precipitate much of the acetaminophen out by exploiting it's high solubility in room temp water but relatively low solubility in cold water.
Essentially just dissolve all the pockets in about 50mL of water and place in the fridge or in an ice bath until it is as cold as it will get, then run through a coffee filter and discard the precipitate.
Hopefully you won't lose any DXM, and you should filter out approximately 3 grams of the acetaminophen.

^^ thanks a lot you have been most helpful. one more question how long will it take for this method to take effect if i just pour it into super cold water stir for 2 minutes then strain would that be enough?

That's 4g of APAP in one hit (which depending on what source you subscribe to, is the maxrecommended consumption for most people over a 24 hour period).

I dunno man, I'd advise against it if only because there's no point to consuming that much of something you don't need for the experience. It's advised that you find a source that is ONLY DXM with no other active ingredients to avoid these issues...

dude you are going to take a bunch of other shit just to take 120mg of dxm?? i wouldnt even feel that dose. go to the store buy a bottle of robitussin with only dxm or robitussin gelcaps with only dxm. no need to subject your body to extra punishment for a tiny buzz (if you even feel anything at all)

The CPM will result in feeling it way more at that dose because they are both broken down by the same liver enzyme. It's the same thing in triple c's and the reason why they are so dangerous at higher doses. I used to get the generic version of purple box triple c's (30 mg. DXM 4 mg. Clorpheneramine maleate per pill) because they were only 2 bucks per box of 16 and I could catch a nice buzz off only 4-6 pills, making it by fqr the most economical source of DXM.

I'm not advising this because of the danger of the combo, but people that ended up in the hospital or worse it was usually at least 2 whole boxes. Again though, I would advise DXM only products, just giving my experience. And, yeah OP, the psuedoephedrine at that dose is probably gonna make you uncomfortable at the very least.

4 gms of acetaminophen is just not a good idea.....not even once

Don't do it....your liver will thank me later....not to mention the other drugs in the combo!!!

took 2 packets felt really nice smoked some weed felt even more nice. The only thing that id say went wrong was this feeling that i couldnt put my finger on at first but then i was like ohh yeaaaa i know this feeling. I had the feeling you get when you havnt eaten in 24 hours and im not talking about the stomache cramps im talking about the feeling of no energy and the jitters and the stomache feeling that its eating itself but yet i had tonsss to eat that day is that the caused by the antihistamine?

also wanted to add that i think i lack the enzyme that breaks this drug down like i said 200mg of dxm would get me on a mid 3rd plateau not lying i did it with buckleys when i took the 2 packets i was on a lower level 2nd plateau.