• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Negative Methadone UA, despite daily dosing

PartTimeSophi

Greenlighter
I don't know if this is the correct place to be posting this, I am new to this so I apologize if it isn't.

I go to a methadone clinic once a week to dose and pick up six take home bottles to get me through until next week. I am currently on a dose of 175mg and I'm on a taper of 5mg every two weeks. I was told by staff that my last drug screen came back negative for "free methadone" but positive for methadone metabolite. This is considered an unfavorable test. She said that at such a high dose (180mg at time of test) there is no medical reason for me to be coming up methadone negative in a drug screen. I am really confused because I take my methadone daily. I don't sip it or sell it or anything. I was wondering if anyone could explain why this may be happening and what exactly she meant by "free methadone" vs testing for the methadone metabolite.

Is there any drug interactions that could cause it to be broken down faster by my body? I currently take Wellbutrin and Zoloft as well.

Thanks!!

We do not do drug testing questions here... sorry.
I will admit though that I'm still confused about that to. Especially if it's a good legitimate question and not a question trying to cheat a test or some bullshit like that. Sorry.