• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Negative effects with responsible use?

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
So far my mdma use has had no ill long term effects that I've noticed. I used to do it once a month but now I'm changing to once every 3 months to be on the safe side and make the experience and comedown better overall. Has anyone had problems using the 3 month rule? Also, i don't redose.

oh and also I'd like to hear if you have had good experiences with this rule, and how long you've used for. I don't only want people with negative experience to respond because then my positive to negative response ratio will be kind of bias.

ive been seeing lots of post about bad experiences and after effects but sometimes it seems like newbies are just thinking the normal side effects are some kind of bad experience or something. im not saying all are doing this but a lot seem like exaggerated normal side/after effects with real mdma. rc effects are another story. please get highly educated and study the forums about mdma. most questions people ask are already answered in old post.

ive been using mdma steady for 8 years and i only have great effects and the side effects dont bother me because i understand the causes and effects because ive read and watched everything about mdma. the more knowledge you have about mdma the greater your results will be plus if you dont have much experience with rolling then if possible roll with veteran rollers so they can teach you the way of ecstasy.

by the way sometimes i roll once every 2-3 months and sometimes i roll more than once in a month and i only have great experiences. im not recommending this but im just saying.
i also eat very healthy and stay active though. everybody is different with drug effects.

Last edited:
Honestly md is quiet a harmless drug in moderation as long as it is just md in the pill,

I started using when i was 15 but startedbyaing heavily when i turned 18 and was doing it 1-2 a week and having 5-6 a night every week for a about 8 months, only because i could but i never had a bad experience just the comedowns where allot worse.

Im not saying go do that just that as long as you are getting clean md you will be fine.

I think maybe your over thinking it, just stay away from the harder drugs which was my mistake,

Stick to doing it once ever few months, so your serotonin replenishes other wise you will build a high tolerance.

Hope all goes well

I agree with the general consensus. Of course the longer you wait between rolls, the better, but if you use common sense, test your pills, check pillreports and implement some harm reduction techniques you should be fine. Sufficient sleep, proper nutrition, good overall health, hydration, exercise and general happiness all have a much bigger influence on how severe the after-effects are than strictly keeping to the rules I think. That doesn't mean you shouldn't keep them in the back of your mind, that's the common sense part :D

i've had panic attacks in the week following mdma use (which has typically been between once every 2 months to once every 2 years), but most of the time i get them without any sort of drug and i've also had them before i had tried any drug. and even though i have a genetic disposition for panic attacks and the probability is increased in the days after mdma, for something like 90% of my rolls the worst negative effect i've noticed was having to get up to pee when i wanted to sleep in the following night.

Been doing it since Feb 2012 with no noticable negative effects. Even after nights where I fucked up and took too much with large amounts of alcohol I came out fine. Not even a hangover nor any sign of a comedown. That's not to say it's a good idea, just putting things into perspective. I feel there's a larger margin for error with MDMA than this forum makes out to be. I personally don't think taking it once a month will cause ill effects until maybe you've been taking once a month for years. But I only took it once a month for 3-4 months. I've also had a lot of long breaks since February, especially nearer towards the present. Like the break between my last roll was 9 months and I haven't taken it for about 4 months since to the present day. But at least back in the first two years I was taking about once every 1-2 months I never noticed any issues nor dramatic 'loss of magic'. The only thing I did notice is that the comeup is no longer pleasurable like it was at the start but instead an anxious, uncomfortable feeling that seems to last longer than it should. But once I'm up the magic is all there and the afterglow is beautiful. In fact, the afterglow seems to have actually improved compared to my early use. But this is probably related to the re-dose I always take now ;) haha.

rolling for 8 years with occational heavy abuse. longest break ive had was 6 months. noticable long-term side effects i have would be that im emotionally sensitive and easily prone to episodes of depression. thankfully my memory is fine though

i first rolled starting in 2000 (at nineteen years old) before harm reduction was big and knew nothing abut taking breaks. The first pills I used were down around daytona beach fl, they were triple stacks, maybe from Amsterdam, I could be wrong im guessing they were 220 mgs a pill, and I did one on a saturday night my first time and went to daytona 500 n trance, dance club--okay enough stry teling lol......The following days I didnt feel overly depressed or anything maybe a lil afterglow, not that much though and felt fine

i was leaving on wednesday so my crackhead friend convinced me to do three pills like 1.5 a piece , in new symra beach, he was driving and I was so high I actually got slightly unconcious and came back, everything sounded so good, and even though it was fve days later the roll was amazing (that and i had half a pill more) well the whole busride back I was rolling talking to this girl ... I had to switch bustops after twelve hours, and wasnt eating and I remember feeling empty, after I gotten home I was really down the next few days, like badly depressed. That first time my body showed it did not work well with doing doses five days apart-esp at the doses I was using and ended up in a deep dark place crying in my room a lot and feeling oh so low. Ended up doing more pills a few days later , and continued into bad abuse rolling abut thirty nights in a six month peroid, I remember one week I was ding pills every other night when afterglow worn off, ive got depressed and pop again just to feel decent, I did this too much an totally lost the magic and one roll toward the end of the abuse peroid I remember I got so depressed and was with my friends I thought to myself what im doing is fake im chasing a high to feel good and now I feel way worse than I ever did-I felt like a loser and I was at the time. It was so fake. Ive seen many people who abused mdma like myself and felt this way as well, so its a common pattern.

After I stopped the abuse, I took two month breaks here nd there and tried it again and the magic returned very breifly, I took another break and tried again(same batch the magic retirned breifly on) and got nothing but a lil stimulation but no empathy that I cold tell-none worth mentioning. The first time I did it it was oh so magical and I can tell you hat i did, same with the second time -second might have been even moreso on on parr. after about the second time the magic dwindled and well I did still roll, I never got it again untill got it recently after a thirteen year break with another empathogeon. when abused it put me into a dark hole and seemed to mess with my decesion making process and logical functon. when used responsible its quite magical, nice and dare I say fun

I could be wrong and I think its very possible I was depressed about two years afterwards and it tok sme time for my brain to catch-up from the abuse I put it though. from 2000-2002. I was depressed a god two years after and dont know if there is any research stating abuse can cause this, my ancetodal expirience seems to have expiriened this, either that or I had low self esteem at the time and needed to work on myself. Some people seem to be able to use it more than others, I dont seem to be one of those people, being though the abuse I did to myself I went into a dark place and it wasnt fun-i learned from it though and thats why im responsible

My experience is this, this is a luxury and this feeling is magical and needs to be savored, cherish, and saved for special occasions. I could joke how I can make excuses for special occaisons but I personally like to get out of my city and to another one, because I find the roll better like this and spend time with my girlfriend and maybe some friends if that arises-my girlfriend comes first though, I find set and setting and who your with make a bigger difference than you can possibly imagine

Last edited:
I did a lot of research before I tried MDMA. I used very responsibly by taking 1 dose every 3 to 4 months. I stayed on that schedule for at least a couple of years and my experiences got better and better over time as I relaxed into the drug, and I always had a wonderful afterglow. It was only when I started down the road to abuse by double dropping, re-dosing and waiting only a month between using that things started to go sideways.

I haven't used Mdma since 2011 and I am high on it right now. This has been one of the best nights of my life, and I'm just chilling at home. I seriously fell in love with my guitar and made a song, I also made plans to make an album over the next year, I have enough material I know I can do it, I just never thought about it before. man I feel good right now. I don't even need my benzos or opiates. I'm being so honest with myself about all the shit I've been through these past few years. Man... I haven't rolled in YEARS! I need to make the best of this time... peace!!!!!