• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Negative Cannabis Bias by Conservative American Doctors is Eroding

Jekyl Anhydride

Bluelight Crew
I just had an appointment with my Arthritis/ Pain doctor who had me sign a controlled substance contract as he does all his patients, and when I had asked him what has changed since the last one he proceeded to explain that while he doesn't personally agree, he cannot refute the evidence coming out of France, Israel , Netherlands, etc. that cannabis is very benign and far safer than just about anything he prescribes. He will not be testing for THC any longer on quarterly urine analysis's. He had a don't ask, don't tell policy since the beginning of 2016 but now there is really no stigma about it any longer.

Does anyone else have a conservative U.S. doctor that no longer considers cannabis a danger in combination with schedule 2 or lower drugs ?

I just had an appointment with my Arthritis/ Pain doctor who had me sign a controlled substance contract as he does all his patients, and when I had asked him what has changed since the last one he proceeded to explain that while he doesn't personally agree, he cannot refute the evidence coming out of France, Israel , Netherlands, etc. that cannabis is very benign and far safer than just about anything he prescribes. He will not be testing for THC any longer on quarterly urine analysis's. He had a don't ask, don't tell policy since the beginning of 2016 but now there is really no stigma about it any longer.

Does anyone else have a conservative U.S. doctor that no longer considers cannabis a danger in combination with schedule 2 or lower drugs ?

the majority of doctors do not read any research studies or understand anything other than what drug sales reps tell them. so your doctor is a special rare case.

You probably have a point there. Eroding was too strong of a word for the thread title, I was just excited that I got the Green Light for the Green from what I considered to be the last person on the planet that would do such a thing.

the majority of doctors do not read any research studies or understand anything other than what drug sales reps tell them. so your doctor is a special rare case.

yeah, my mom is a chronic pain patient and still gets tested for cannabis.