L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Needing ex girlfriend advice

Kyl

Bluelighter
So me and my ex-girl broke up a week ago and I haven't been taking it that well. I want her back so badly. She dumped me Tuesday last week. I broke up with her twice during our 3 month relationship. She was so upset at me and said a lot of mean and hurtful things to me. I got back with her each time I broke up with her because I didn't really want to end things. I was just scared she was going to end things so I ended it before she could to save myself. And I apologized to her for doing this and told her it's just because I don't want her to hurt me.
We cared about each other a lot. Even though the duration was short. She told me she loved me, asked me if we would be long-term, was always jealous with any girls that I came into contact with, and one of her close friends told me about how much she talks about me almost to the point where it's annoying lol. So to squash the "SHE'S NOT INTO YOU" posts, I indeed, know that she is or was.
I think the last time I broke up with her is when she knew she wanted to end things but she stayed with me only so she could end it so she would have all the power and upper-hand. She was always trying to be better than me.
She's a single mother who's moving out of her old house and into a new one and is working a part time job. Her life is so busy and I wasn't very supportive now realizing this.
The day we broke up she said her life was too hectic and she has no energy or time to deal with me and the emotions I'm making her feel because it's effecting the way she is with her child and that is unfair to her child. I told her that I would change and start being the boyfriend she needed because I genuinely wanted to be with her and help her financially and with her child.
She sent me a long text later that night after we broke up expressing her anger at me for all I did and said which showed me she cared enough to send one last message and the fact that even though she was angry at me, it meant she cared enough to be angry is what I got it from it. I didn't reply and two days later I sent her message like this:

Hey, I've had time to cool off and reflect on everything and I apologize for how I treated you and things I said out of frustration. I support your decision with ending things with me and I support you because I really do care about you and your baby girl.

She never replied to that, but I didn't expect her to because it was too soon for her to think about.

We work at the same place and since the break up I've been going out and hiking mountains with friends, I got a new job interview tomorrow. Posted about it on facebook, no sappy depressed posts. Just showing her that I'm living life kinda.

Two days ago, we worked together and I was prepping food in the back. She knew this, she came back there with me and started cutting food on the table right next to me. No words were said between the two of us and it was kinda uncomfortable. But this is odd because she always preps food in the front of the store and if she really wanted to avoid me she wouldn't have been back there with me.

I should also add, I haven't texted/called or pleaded for her back since that last message I sent that last message letting her know I cared. Which was 6 days ago. I am creating space for her to miss me hopefully and time for her to think about things. Also when I say that I've been active on social media I'm not posting all the time and I'm not rubbing anything in her face either. My social media habits haven't changed at all.

So my questions for you are:
What do you think about my situation?
Is there any hope that we will come back together? If so, let me know my next steps.
Am I doing the right things?
What do you think could be going through her mind?

You were only with this woman for 12 weeks and during that short period of time, you dumped her twice out of insecurity and you say that she also has jealousy issues.

This clearly wasn't working and it seems like you both have some personal issues to address individually before you're able to have a healthy, stable relationship with anyone. She has ended it as the mess between you two was negatively impacting the way she was parenting her child - if that is in fact true, then she needs to stick to her decision and you should not attempt to change her mind. Let it go and take some time to work on yourself.

You were only with this woman for 12 weeks and during that short period of time, you dumped her twice out of insecurity and you say that she also has jealousy issues.

This clearly wasn't working and it seems like you both have some personal issues to address individually before you're able to have a healthy, stable relationship with anyone. She has ended it as the mess between you two was negatively impacting the way she was parenting her child - if that is in fact true, then she needs to stick to her decision and you should not attempt to change her mind. Let it go and take some time to work on yourself.
I guess you're right. I just genuinely wanted to be in her life and show her I could do right. Because I know I can.

You said that it was very obvious that this woman liked you a lot, yet you still acted out and dumped her because you were scared she was going to end things and you wanted to get in first. You indicate that you've also said things out of anger that have been hurtful to her.

If your insecurities and emotions were so far out of your control that you ended a relationship that you wanted to be in (only to quickly change your mind)...twice...what makes you think you can suddenly just switch that off now?

Healthy people will not stand for that sort of behaviour in a relationship and will quickly leave in search of something more stable as you are now discovering.

Take some time, put in the work, and get yourself to a stage where this sort of stuff doesn't poison your next relationship.

Mhmm.. ^ I agree.

She has a crazy life. She has a child. It's simply unfair. You sound young and a bit selfish (although you have every right to be, you're just a kid; she's a MOTHER so she can not be). It's bigger than you. If herself and child are better off without you, then you just got to accept that. Work on yourself, work hard, save money, buy a house, and come back to her a more mature and accomplished person.

Lol@ the fb war of the ex's... millennials..

Just live life, dont feel the need to "prove" it. That's poser shit.

Hopefully you can get that new job, being coworkers will be akward. Sounds like you have a lot to learn, dating coworkers is man rule #36. It's alright to tap coworkers, its actually encouraged, but relationships are a no-no. So remain friends, dont burn the bridge, treat her cool, like you would anyone else, and get a booty call every so often. Oh yeah, what are you paying for the kid for? It's been 3 months, and youre already dad? Waaapshhhh

- Hopeless 7nos