• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need to get more out of my allotted dose of Tramadol

LowCard

Greenlighter
Hello. I am provided 4 x 50mg a day of Tramadol, and 1mg of clonazepam. I take the 50mg every 30 minutes to 45 minutes as I've read that it works better that way, but my tolerance is beginning to develop. Can I switch it up and take all 200mg at one time so I feel more? What's the best way to include the klonopin? Does anyone have experience in this?

Hello. I am provided 4 x 50mg a day of Tramadol, and 1mg of clonazepam. I take the 50mg every 30 minutes to 45 minutes as I've read that it works better that way, but my tolerance is beginning to develop. Can I switch it up and take all 200mg at one time so I feel more? What's the best way to include the klonopin? Does anyone have experience in this?

Its pretty safe to mess around with how you take it aslong as you never go over 400mg in 24 hours.

I heard/read before that your tolerance to tram is lowered once you already have it your system.

Back when I was taking 400mg a day for a while (all at once by the end, all capsules emptied into one bomb/parachute) tolerance was pretty high, but I used to do a trick - split a 50mg capsule and bomb/parachute 25mg so I had it in my system, then about 45 minutes later take the other 375mg. And it def used to hit me harder than taking 400mg at once.

You should take one 50mg then the other 150mg all together 45ish minutes later, or 25mg then 175mg if you can be bothered to split your capsules up into bombs.

- Oh, and I'd wait until the speedy rushy part of the tram is over/nearly over and your entering the drowsy/noddy stage and then sublingual the benzo ;)

Hey Lowcard and welcome to Bluelight! Our numbers swell by the day... Anyhow, if by getting "more" out of your Tramdol (Ultram), you're referring to a more fun or recreational experience, that is not something that we typically discuss here in Basic Drug Discussion. We need to keep our threads in line with the concept of Harm Reduction, which is just what it sounds like, reducing the overall harm that drug use sometimes brings. However, as Tramadol can actually be quite a dangerous substance, your thread does indeed warrant a response, but do read the forum guidelines for next time.

Now, jhjdsi has already covered the most important point regarding Tramdol, that is, it's capacity to cause Status Epilepticus (seizures), which are sometimes quite severe. If you obey the stated maximum dosages; 400mg/24hr - 300mg/po per sitting, you should be alright. Tramadol is a trickier substance than a lot of the other Opioids, as in addition to it's Opioid agonist qualities, it also inhibits the reuptake of both Serotonin and Norepinephrine. This causes both added effect, but can also lead to potentially dangerous drug interactions if you're taking other medications which work on the same.

Anyway, I'm going to break the rules a little bit, as you're new and you probably couldn't find the right place by yourself if you tried for this thread. If you're looking for the best "kick" from your medications, you can take the entire 200mg Tramadol and 1mg Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) simultaneously. Your dose of Tramadol is relatively low, but with the Benzodiazepine, you should end up with a pretty good buzz. I wouldn't recommend staggering the Tramadol in the future. I don't think it will contribute significantly to the potency.

Also, the potency of Tramadol can be increased ever so slightly by interfering with your body's enzyme activity, specifically the enzymes responsible for the metabolism of Tramdol. Isozymes of Cytochrome P450 are, if I'm not mistaken, the primary metabolic agents in regard to Tramadol. Do some research!

Thanks for your help... I'll try to learn your system better so I post in the right places.

Thanks for your help. The parachute method is swallowing a thin pice of TP with the crushed meds inside correct? A couple questions. Why starting with only 25mg. Do you think that would be significantly better than your suggestion of 50 oral and the rest orally 45 minutes later?

Thanks for your help. The parachute method is swallowing a thin pice of TP with the crushed meds inside correct? A couple questions. Why starting with only 25mg. Do you think that would be significantly better than your suggestion of 50 oral and the rest orally 45 minutes later?

I'd like to see some references before we start acting like this is definitely a thing. You will end up teasing yourself into aggravation by taking 25mg doses of Tramadol. You should pick your dosage, consume it at once and save a boosting dose for if the initial didn't get you where you wanted.

Parachuting is not a different route of administration, just so you know. Pills are inevitable going to be broken down by the stomach. If you'd like to crush them beforehand, that's more work for you, but there's nothing wrong with it. You might alter your onset by ~5 minutes by parachuting. I just wouldn't bother with this. It's not worth your time, but you're encourage to form your own opinions.

If you're looking for a true alternative ROA, with faster onset, increased potency with minimal risk, I would suggest researching rectal administration. It's no more complicated than crushing pills, wrapping them in paper (?) and swallowing.

Tramadol isntbl Worth the headache of trying to enjoy it recreationally. Believe me I know, I been down that road with tramadol when I was on parole and was prescribed it. Also chances of seizure are high with doses above 300mg I believe (6 standard tablets)..it acts as an SNRI at the same time which can be uncomfortable and risk of serotonin syndrome when mixed with other medications, esp. dxm, another legal disassociative