L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Need to do something about this

pmz

Bluelighter
So I just moved into a new area (Boulder CO). I dont know anyone and Ive been lonely as fuck. Im trying to stay sober as a drug problem fucked with my head and left me with a bit of annoying depression and Im avoiding drugs and alcohol till I start feeling better. Im barely working so I dont have that much money at the moment. I need a date or something. Im so bored all the time and its driving me nuts. There are so many good shows around here that I would love to attend, but with this depression and sobriety, I just dont have the drive/motivation to attend a show. I have this fear of being bored while seeing a show. (weird fear I know) Might be a bit triggering as well. Ive always been terrible at dating in the first place. So all this makes things a bit hard for me to really put my self out there to find a girl.

Well, getting a job is a start, especially if you have female coworkers.
The shame in going on craigslist to meet people is miniscule. Do you play music? You can hook up with people that way. Or go to some open mics. Or some clubs. Just keep putting yourself out there, and insert yourself into conversations that genuinely interest you, with people that genuinely interest you. Be friendly but non-avoidant.

I share that fear of being bored at a show. Musical shows you mean? Depending on the show, you can step outside.

Anyway, I struggle with similar issues, so I look forward to seeing other people's responses. Have you considered inviting old friends from afar to crash with you?

I sort of have a job but it isn't a very social place at all. And I dont play music. I've always struggled with making convo with random people. Especially being sober that liquid social lubricant is lacking. I'm only here about 3 weeks now. Let's see how it goes

I guess I can find a few places to volunteer.

lol boulder is the wrong place to be if you're trying to live sober. The bad thing about a college town like boulder is it's full of drugs and alcohol. But it's also full of young people! If you're in your twenties, it shouldn't be hard to find some people to hang out with. There SO much to do that doesn't involve drugs, i mean the mountains are your backyard! And dont worry about going to shows by yourself, ive done it plenty of times and met some pretty cool people in the process

Seriously a show solo is great. Hell I go to plenty solo, great way to meet single women, especially if you can dance ( granted I go to a hell of a lot of EDM shows but I see a fair number of other bands/groups from other genres). And dude seriously OKQupid dose work lol sounds stupid but hell solo new town any way you can get out and about, keeps you sober when your not thinking about how depressed/bored your not thinking about drinking or using.One other piece of advice being where you are, take up an outdoor activity hike, climb, hell learn an instrument plenty of places to learn in a city. I have been there brother trying to stay sober alone in a new city. Hang in and get out only way to meet people.

I'm in the same boat, I've just moved to Australia from the uk, lonely as hell :/