• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Need someone to read the first 2-3 pages of this SID Sheet, important!

As with most HFCs, HFC-152a has the potential to produce cardiac sensitization in dogs challenged
simultaneously with high exposure concentrations and high doses of exogenous epinephrine. Marked responses,
which included a cardiac arrhythmia were observed in 3 of 12 dogs at 150,000 ppm. No response was observed
at 50,000 ppm. No sensitization studies were available.

Nope. Sudden Sniffer's Death is no fun.

Hypothetical question: could administration of clonidine or a beta blocker reduce the risk of sudden sniffers death by blocking adrenaline release/heart beta receptors?

Also could anybody elucidate the mechanism of sudden sniffers death, I am confused to why some solvents (butane, hfcs,...) can cause it and why others such as nitrous oxide, ether, and the surgical fluoroethers do not seem to cause it.

Hypothetical question: could administration of clonidine or a beta blocker reduce the risk of sudden sniffers death by blocking adrenaline release/heart beta receptors?

Also could anybody elucidate the mechanism of sudden sniffers death, I am confused to why some solvents (butane, hfcs,...) can cause it and why others such as nitrous oxide, ether, and the surgical fluoroethers do not seem to cause it.

Fatuitous response: Depends on what alternate universe you wind up in according to the contingent quantum wave-form which the specific inhalant molecule creates by how it causes collapse of your entire biological dynamic process (i.e. life) undergoing transition to a quantum jump to the next nearest many-world alternate universe in which you survive and continue in your eternal quantum immortality.