• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Need some tips and advice, Cocaine + Alcohol = very negative result. What happened?

Thizz Man

Bluelighter
I need some advice for a friend who the other day had a very negative reaction in the sense that they felt like their heart was going to explode for 3 hours, they were worried about throwing up . . which is something this person greatly feared. I'm wondering if there's some more experienced users who can pick out what they did wrong

So I'm just trying to help out a friend who's been texting me about this stuff. Their goal was to experience the feeling of Cocaethylene, so this was essentially an experimentation. In total person did a little bit over half a gram through the day, which doesn't sound like a lot but the stuff was apparently very pure (which is what they all say, but let's assume this one is). The person drank 2 fluid ounces of cognac during the first bout and began to have at it with a couple of lines, followed by a couple more lines until later in the day when the person poured another 2 ounces of cognac followed by a 2.5 ounce serving of cognac. Then they started to have at it some more with the coke, around 4 AM the person began to have a feeling like they were going to die. This feeling elevated and lasted for about three hours until the person was able to go into an almost sleeping state (this felt very euphoric) but then the person was woken up by a dog. They then had some trouble getting back to sleep but each time they woke up again they felt a bit better . . first the pain in the heart (which was described as a bubble of anxiety, felt like the heart was going to explode) subsided, then the feeling of throwing up subsided (the person was worried they'd asphyxiate) and then finally the stuffy nose subsided.

Amazingly this person took a few naps and managed to wake up without even a hangover, however the person took a blood pressure test from the kiosk at a pharmacy and despite usually having great results today it said the person was at a moderate risk for hypertension and was in a prehypertension state.

Question 1 - is this prehypertension state something that will go away or has permanent damage been caused? Is it just a next day thing that goes back to normal over time?

Question 2 - How could such a small amount of alcohol combined with a small amount of cocaine produce such a negative result to a healthy person . The most this person has ever done was on three occasions where they split a half gram with a friend. Is a half a gram of cocaine and 6.5 ounces of cognac over a day really too much?

Question 3- should the combination of cocaine and alcohol really be avoided or is there a way this person could've done better

Question 4 - what's a good thing someone might have in their house or refrigerator to counteract such a feeling?

Question 5 - also when would it be safe for this person to do coke again? What are some good times to do it and get the most of it rather than doing it at home (after all this person was really just doing an experiment to see how alcohol and cocaine felt together). What are some general rules of thumb on when to do it, like when are the funnest times for a casual user to indulge. Also how does one avoid building tolerance?

Unfortunately they don't teach this stuff in school

Question 1 - is this prehypertension state something that will go away or has permanent damage been caused? Is it just a next day thing that goes back to normal over time?

Sustained damage will only occur after prolong abuse, as is with all substances, be more careful in the future if health is a concern.

Question 2 - How could such a small amount of alcohol combined with a small amount of cocaine produce such a negative result to a healthy person . The most this person has ever done was on three occasions where they split a half gram with a friend. Is a half a gram of cocaine and 6.5 ounces of cognac over a day really too much?

Mixing a Stimulant with a Depressant is a recipe for death.. If you hear about an individual dying while on Cocaine/stimulants, more than 95% of the time it was due to the combination of said stimulant and alcohol

Question 3- should the combination of cocaine and alcohol really be avoided or is there a way this person could've done better

If health is your concern, by all means avoid such a combination... If you truly desire to do this combination more often you need to cut back significantly on either the Stims or the Alc... (Ex: 3 grams coke+4-6 beers throughout the night)

Question 4 - what's a good thing someone might have in their house or refrigerator to counteract such a feeling?

Good old Aqua

Question 5 - also when would it be safe for this person to do coke again? What are some good times to do it and get the most of it rather than doing it at home (after all this person was really just doing an experiment to see how alcohol and cocaine felt together). What are some general rules of thumb on when to do it, like when are the funnest times for a casual user to indulge. Also how does one avoid building tolerance?

Cocaine should never be consumed more than 1-2x a week, besides the financial implications tolerance will be built and sustained rapidly..

Alcohol is the same devil, you shouldn't be getting drunk more than 1-2x a week..

When should you do this combination? At a party or at a club, a rare occasion for some extra fun, stay safe out there and be aware of drug interactions.

^ No.

OP stop saying it's your friend we know it was you. Don't mix alcohol and stimulants increasing serotonin, it's a bit like mixing alcohol and Xanax. For example, Dexedrine, Adderall, Nicotine and Caffeine are alcohol compatible stimulants as long as you don't drink your face into a coma.

1. How can we definitively answer this question? We can't. Normally it only lasts about a day, if it hasn't subsided within 36-48 hours, seek medical attention.
2. Well it wasn't exactly a small amount of either cocaine, nor alcohol. But combining a cns stimulant to a cns depressant is hard on the heart. Healthy or not.
3. Yes the combination should be avoided. Yes it is dangerous. They have some opposite effects, making it difficult to judge your intake based off of how you 'feel'. Some people may post that the combination works for them, but remember people's body chemistry can differ from one another. Based off your reuslts, it would seem you have a low tolerance for this combination.
4. There's a few things that will calm your stomach such as ginger ale, but as far as your heart's concerned there's really nothing you can take that's lying around the house. Take a smaller amount to prevent it from ocurring in the first place. If you feel in danger, seek medical attention.
5.A Preferably where it's legal, at your house, and isn't cut with something harmful or toxic. 5.B The best time WILL be to do it at home, safest at least. That's where most people do it. Otherwise at bars or clubs, or when picking up a prostitute.. < See that question will lead to endless discussion. 5.C General rule of thumb is to take far less than you normally do of each one. 5.D Best way to avoid building a tolerance is reducing your intake frequency.

And c'mon Thizz, you've been here long 'nuff to know not to refer to yourself in the 3rd person..

Listen . . I been here a long time. If it was about me I would've mentioned it. I have a very liberal attitude

Anyway . . he couldn't resist the urge to to do a small line the next night without drinking and he still feels that heart/anxiety bubble . . is there a way to make this go away? Is this because alcohol may still be in his system from last night?

Listen . . I been here a long time. If it was about me I would've mentioned it. I have a very liberal attitude

Anyway . . he couldn't resist the urge to to do a small line the next night without drinking and he still feels that heart/anxiety bubble . . is there a way to make this go away? Is this because alcohol may still be in his system from last night?

Kind of feels like hiccups or needing to burp or something, really wanna get rid of this feeling tho

Otherwise at bars or clubs, or when picking up a prostitute..

Oh yeah, Dexedrine and blowjob with a twist, you gotta teach them how to do it every single time tho. How to squeeze the tip between the thumb and the index fingers, takes some practice.

It sounds like a pretty textbook case of stimulant-induced anxiety if you ask me. Although it would be dangerous to actually rule out anything that could be potentially more harmful, like some kind of cardiac issue or Hypertension.

It sounds like a pretty textbook case of stimulant-induced anxiety if you ask me. Although it would be dangerous to actually rule out anything that could be potentially more harmful, like some kind of cardiac issue or Hypertension.

I've got a better grasp on exactly what it feels like. It feels like needing to burp . . but not able to. How can this be fixed and what's causing it

Is it possible that the cocaethylene which is synthesizing is having a much greater effect than either of the two drugs would on their own?

Is it possible that the cocaethylene which is synthesizing is having a much greater effect than either of the two drugs would on their own?

It was happening without any alcohol tho

Really need help getting this "burping" feeling to go away . . anyone know anything to make this go away? it's the only thing that's continuing to happen

also this is day 4 . . he's been doing a small mount over the past 3 days. Just a few lines during one session. He's not gonna do it for awhile but he wants to just enjoy music without worrying about the feeling

Alcohol is unpredictable in burdening the nervous system/heart rhythm and organs. That is why it is recommended to never mix it with drugs. Both Opiates and alcohol do not have a guaranteed safety factor when mixed with any drugs. Whereas, we know combinations like Amphetamine with Benzos is guaranteed to be safe reasonably. Quite possibly, Benzos and cocaine is like smoking marijuana in safety compared to drinking liquor on cocaine.