Need some support and help

Sleeplessnights67

Greenlighter
Over a week ago I took about 120mg of meth over the course of 3 days. I dropped it completely and haven't been doing any drugs since. I've been getting lots of sleep, drinking lots of fluids, and eating. Staying very active, and yet I am still suffering from some debilitating depression. I start crying for no reason, feel sad for no reason at certain points of the day. Usually mornings and night time. During the day for the most part I'm fine, sometimes it comes and goes. Is there any timeline for how long a post binge depression is supposed to last?

It's all relative, brother man. I am happy to see you turning to Bluelight though instead of going back at it or substituting. I personally haven't ever gotten to the point of getting straight hooked on Tina, although lately I've been doing a few shots and honestly I need to cut that shit out. Ex-horsehead so needles are just as big a problem for me, if not more so, than the drug itself. Anywho.

Now to address your question! First it is crucial for us to know what route of administration you used as it can play a significant role in the recovery process, for me at least. So you've been clean for around 7 days if I understand correctly. 1.2 points over three day can be quite a hefty session, contingent on a few things of course. Did you get sleep on that third day? Have you been eating dairy? Don't worry partner, you are fine and will be fine. Depression is temporary, make that a mantra you obsess over in your mind until you get through this. I know it's not that easy. With what little I have to go on the first thing I can advise you is to at all cost resist any urges should they arise to say, "Fuck it, got rest, got fluids and food. At least I'll feel better if I dose."

I mean in all honesty (tolerance dependent) you probably would feel amazing and cured if you did. But, what you're feeling now will ONLY be that much worse when the journey does end. And it always will end at some point so try not to make it any more uncomfortable than it already is. Hold tight if you crave and try to find something to distract your mind. That is a pretty difficult task in the situation you are in, I know all too well. If you persevere though it can be done! Remember and reinforce to yourself that your mind is stronger than the whispers Tina puts in your ears. It is corny as fuck, but if you straight up genuinely decide to stay away during this you can and will succeed. Remember you are a strong motherfucking result of thousands of years of evolution. You think a measly chemical can out-power your majestic and complex brain? It certainly will! Only if you let it.

Here is one good thing you can be grateful for. Methamphetamine addiction is purely psychological. There ARE physical symptoms, but that is different than a physical addiction. That is a whole 'nother ballpark. So yeah, if you used regularly and were hooked on her and decided to quit you would feel it physically. However, it is not necessarily the result of the drug itself. It is more a result of the physical neglect your body has endured. So, why am I telling ya this? Thank whatever it is you would thank that you're dealing with meth and not heroin. At that point of the game you have to have the shit just to function. Getting high? Nah. It's more of using just so you can fucking walk or even sit up. That's because it changes not just the biochemistry of our noggins, but it becomes a substance that your brain has grown to need. It isn't a craving, it's a necessity.

So, at least there is that.

Do you have any underlying mental disorders? Don't have to specify, but if you do then I would bet ya that is the source of your emotional outlook. As soon as you can I urge you to address any mental problems, should you have any. Those and crystal do not mix whatsoever! I personally have never had any residual side effects that last more than 2-3 days. But, I don't use regularly and that could have a lot to do with it. It helps sometimes to know WHY you feel a certain way.

Miss Tina is a greedy bitch, she wants what she wants and she will get it.... if you let her. She will make you feel groovy by helping you out with dopamine dumps in your noggin, as well as toying around with other neurotransmitters. Have you ever hit the "wall"? For most people it's around day three and by wall I mean no matter how much you do you don't get euphoric from it, you just keep speeding. When that happens it means Tina has taken all your dopamine straight out ya head.

http://www.kci.org/meth_info/lori/Dopamine_Methamphetamines_and_You.htm
I recommend reading that if you want to know more about how/what she does to your brain. It is very well written and it is laid out in simple relatable ways. If you don't wanna read it then super summary is whenever you activate the pleasure response, think of it in terms of a reward, the cells pump out a little bit of dopamine. At some point if you binge enough you're gonna start getting low on the dopamine reservoir, hence the loss of euphoria. The real bitch is that methamphetamine is molecularly similar enough to dopamine that it will actually end up parking at the neurotransmitters meant for dopamine. This results in an unusually large amount of dopamine floating around and our body naturally will recover the surplus dopamine that couldn't dock with a transmitter, except with meth it ends up leaving just way too much dopamine to be re-uptaken. Our body also has a way to deal with this too, it fucking murders it. No recovering it to refuel and eventually to be used again. It's gone.

Don't freak out. You can do things to help stimulate dopamine production again! Also, it affects other neurotransmitters as well. Just not to the extent it does dopamine. Some long-term users have reported going up to 6-8 months until their dopamine levels get close to what they should normally be. I don't think that's the case here though :D.

How to fix it? Or how to ease the process and aid it, rather. Food, food, food. There are certain chemicals that your body will transform into another one, another one, so forth and eventually it is turned into dopamine. They are called precursors, think of it as fuel. The easiest method of recovering D-levels (just to my knowledge, which is limited) is eating foods with a bunch of tyrosine in them. Munch on almonds, bananas, poultry, and dairy. They have the most practical amount of tyrosine in them. Also, I have heard that antioxidants help as well. They supposedly also may reduce free radical damage to the dopamine production centers, even though I could've sworn I heard antioxidants weren't supported by any science lol. Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Your almonds and nuts got tyrosine and Vitamin E, bam a twofer.

Please, don't be wary to ask anymore questions and if I am capable I'll try to help you out, if it's a question beyond my scope of experience I won't try to bullshit you with some half assed answer.

Did you actually read this whole thing? Did it take your mind off your situation at least a bit? I hope so, that is why I have drug this out longer than probably necessary. Keep your head up, beat Tina and resist for now at least, take care of that body and always, ALWAYS know that you are okay and you will be okay. It is no fun and it is not an easy thing to do. But hey man, at least you aren't convulsing or sweating or unconscious until your friend can jug you.

PM me if you need anything, my friend. I am here for ya if you need to talk or just shoot the shit to distract yourself.

Peace, you got this.

Welcome to Bluelight Sleeplessnight67! You got some phenomenal information from Billbadjoebob (excellent response!). I don't have anything much to contribute. It's quite normal to have depression after a stimulant binge and it should get better in time - try some of the recommendations above - eating healthy, good sleep hygiene and sleep, and exercise do wonders. If you find the depression too much do see a doctor. There are meds that can help while you continue to recover. Also, focus on the fact that this is temporary and you will start feeling better, it does take some time. Was this your first experience with meth or have you used previously, and if you have used before how much and for how long?

I did read the whole thing. And it really put my mind to ease. I may have an underlying mental illness, as this is not the first time I've dealt with depression, but I eventually pulled myself out of it. That was years ago. All of this stuff is great, because I like to think of myself as a logical person, and by rationalizing what is going on in my brain, it is easier to deal with. I've been taking supplements like L-Tyrosine, and 5-HTP to try to recover the lost levels of dopamine and serotonin. They help a bit.
My method of administration was oral. I did get sleep on the third day. I got sleep all the days actually, but it wasn't great sleep. It probably didn't help that I decided to take a tolerance break from Weed at the same time. I have a medical care for sleep terrors and weed is one of the only things that stops my sleep terrors from happening. I got rid of the rest of the Tina, and I have a feeling I won't be doing anymore for a while.

Thank you so much for the post, it helps a lot more than you think. The support here at bluelight is unreal, and I believe you actually posted on the last post I made here, with a great response.

Not my first time with meth, but my first binge. It started in a very subtle way. I took 30mg the first day and felt amazing, it took all the dullness out of my work, made me feel extremely confident yadayadayada. I smoked some weed to come down and slept very well on day one. Day two I thought why not take another one. I didn't get any euphoria on day two. Just felt speedy and energetic. Smoked weed to come down but even the weed didn't help with the insomnia I experienced that day. I pride myself on getting 8 hours of sleep everyday, and I only got 4 hours of sleep on day two. Day three I was looking for the euphoria again, so I double dose and didn't find any. That's when I realized what was actually going on so I stopped. Probably should have kept smoking weed but my tolerance for weed was way too high