• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need some info on Subutex

Kittieuhate

Greenlighter
I?ve been taking 4mg then down to 2mg of Subutex for a long time now..My sources are drying up. How long do you think it will take before I go into some type of DTs?? And will I be able to take a different opiates with success, till I can find a new source? TIA

You don't have to worry about DTs when withdrawing from subutex:

dictionary.com said:
a withdrawal syndrome occurring in persons who have developed physiological dependence on alcohol, characterized by tremor, visual hallucinations, and autonomic instability. Abbreviation : d.t

You probably meant withdrawals when you said DTs. Opioid withdrawals from buprenorphine take longer to get started than typical opioids/opiates because of its longer duration. You can probably expect the first minor symptoms to start after 24 hours from last dose and then it'll get really bad somewhere around 48-72 hours after last dose.

The buprenorphine in subutex may block other opiates from working while it's still in your system. The amount of blocking varies though based on dosage and how long ago you dosed. Basically the longer you wait the better the opiates will feel. Probably by the time full withdrawals set in you should be able to mostly feel the effects of another opioid/opiate. If you take them too early, then it likely get partially blocked.

Good luck

You probably wont experience withdrawals after your last dose for 24-48 hrs after. Good luck with everything