• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need some help with meth comedown

suexo311

Greenlighter
:(first day of 2016 and I need some help. Only 6 1/2 hours in. I am a recovered opiate addict and smoke a joint daily. Aside from that, I smoke meth maybe twice a month. My reason isn't an excuse, not like I think I am being judged here because then why bother. This is just the way shit is right now. I know there are daily meth users out there who may think this is stupid, but it seriously fucks with my psyche that I cannot stay away from meth, could using it so casually have it affect my overall levels of happy brain chemicals? Because they ain't happy right now one bit. My opiate habit indicates I may prefer downers and that's true. But over the course of time I think I have obtained a trash can junkie attitude. That is, if there is dope in front of me, aside from opiates, I tend to do them. But I do not seek them, I am new to where I currently live and one guy I befriended smokes the shit. So, he stops in unannounced every 2 weeks and it does not take much to amp me up to where I stay awake for close to 72 hours. Truthfully, we chill out, he leaves and then I am left alone, HIGH, and with nothing but the comedown to anticipate. And it doesn't come. WHAT helps with this comedown? I have a script for 2 mg clonazepam (klonopin) but don't want to fall short by over compensating with them at the end of the month and go through that misery. So aside from the allowed 4mgs of clonazepam a day, I get scripts for seroquel and Epival (anti-epileptic that helps with anxiety and stabilizing mood). Do these help? And if yes, how much would be adequate? I don't want to take them needlessly but I know what I am in for and the weed does NOT help, it can give me a panic attack. I just feel totally spun, no one to talk to, and not liking this one bit. No more of this for me, it stresses me out. I have already told him no more of the meth, don't come around. But I don't want to go through another 48 hours right now feeling this way....:p8(

Uh yeah

Been reading a lot about just riding it out. Most say it isn't that bad, but maybe it acts with the other pysch meds I take, because I am right looped just looking for some words here. Suppose I am looking for a quick fix, I just want to sleep or to know I am not crazy
:(first day of 2016 and I need some help. Only 6 1/2 hours in. I am a recovered opiate addict and smoke a joint daily. Aside from that, I smoke meth maybe twice a month. My reason isn't an excuse, not like I think I am being judged here because then why bother. This is just the way shit is right now. I know there are daily meth users out there who may think this is stupid, but it seriously fucks with my psyche that I cannot stay away from meth, could using it so casually have it affect my overall levels of happy brain chemicals? Because they ain't happy right now one bit. My opiate habit indicates I may prefer downers and that's true. But over the course of time I think I have obtained a trash can junkie attitude. That is, if there is dope in front of me, aside from opiates, I tend to do them. But I do not seek them, I am new to where I currently live and one guy I befriended smokes the shit. So, he stops in unannounced every 2 weeks and it does not take much to amp me up to where I stay awake for close to 72 hours. Truthfully, we chill out, he leaves and then I am left alone, HIGH, and with nothing but the comedown to anticipate. And it doesn't come. WHAT helps with this comedown? I have a script for 2 mg clonazepam (klonopin) but don't want to fall short by over compensating with them at the end of the month and go through that misery. So aside from the allowed 4mgs of clonazepam a day, I get scripts for seroquel and Epival (anti-epileptic that helps with anxiety and stabilizing mood). Do these help? And if yes, how much would be adequate? I don't want to take them needlessly but I know what I am in for and the weed does NOT help, it can give me a panic attack. I just feel totally spun, no one to talk to, and not liking this one bit. No more of this for me, it stresses me out. I have already told him no more of the meth, don't come around. But I don't want to go through another 48 hours right now feeling this way....:p8(

get ahold of a benzo of your choice
benzos are always good for the come down on any amps meth, coke, adderall etc

Shit you got clonazepam? Then it's all good in the hood. Pop one of those suckers and get some sleep :D

Shit you got clonazepam? Then it's all good in the hood. Pop one of those suckers and get some sleep :D

Took 6 mgs of clonazepam 8 hours ago and sweet fuck all. Been on them for years, have a high tolerance. Considering attempting another bowl or 10 of weed and see where the hell that gets me. Add some seroquel maybe. It's cocktail hour, y'all.

consequences, consequences! i am recovered 15yr junky and I can tell you that if you have been truly opiate dependant, then you wouldn't be on here asking what is going to make you feel better when coming down off speed. I guess the good thing is that you are seeking alternatives. Don't do it again. That dude who drops around every two weeks with a bag of meth is NOT your friend. Trust me. I don't know you for shit. But - I can tell you he is NOT your friend. If you want to be happy in life, don't allow the cunt back into your house.

lovethegouch..thanks. I just needed someone to say those precise words to me. Intrinsically I knew this man was not my friend but I guess I will play the pity card and say I am lonely living here and told myself that this cunt liked me for who I was. I am female, I don't have to explain the sexual component to the whole meth game, but I got caught up. He will never set foot in here again. As for whether I had a true dependency to opiates, it sure felt true to me. Certainly not as bad as some but certainly worse than others, February 2nd will mark 3 years clean. It went on for 8 years starting with perks and eventually oxy's, dilaudid, morphine..whatever was available to me. Went on suboxone to get that shit sorted. The intense fear of the sickness has been the prime motivator in keeping me off, and the game. Every fucking morning, the game of where, when, who and what and how the fuck fast can I find something became too much to bear to put it lightly. Unfortunately, I still had the addict in me and have always smoked weed, but then, yes, even after I stopped the morphine etc - never touched heroin - I still dabbled, coke, benzos and most recently the meth. Consequences, indeed. So I suppose me coming here was what I needed to do, despite you thinking I wouldn't be had I 'truly' had a dependency. I just switched it up. Good for you and your recovery and thanks for basically telling me what I already knew, just needed someone I didn't "know for shit" to be objective and more or less tell me to give my head a shake. Cheers, happy new year.

consequences, consequences! i am recovered 15yr junky and I can tell you that if you have been truly opiate dependant, then you wouldn't be on here asking what is going to make you feel better when coming down off speed. I guess the good thing is that you are seeking alternatives. Don't do it again. That dude who drops around every two weeks with a bag of meth is NOT your friend. Trust me. I don't know you for shit. But - I can tell you he is NOT your friend. If you want to be happy in life, don't allow the cunt back into your house.