• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need some help with a quick benzo taper.

dilated_pupils

Bluelighter
So I've been put in the position of repeatedly having to abruptly stop benzos every month for about 5 days, not just for obvious reasons, it's more complicated then that.

Anyway I can't do it anymore but I also will have to deal with the week off during a taper - so how does one do this?

I have some xanax powder arriving next week - I was hoping that would suffice, and access to klonopin.
I originally quit benzos with these two before, so I know it's possible but I spent about 3 months doing it and I had no one on my back about anything - this time I need to tread quietly whilst keeping my composure.

Is there any supplements that I can tke that will keep my from going into withdrawal during the week/5 days I have to stay clean each month? My mind races crazy without it (when stopping suddenly) and I just want to put a gun to my head. I can't really go to work like that, and I can't just take the benzo to get through it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thus far I've used wine to help get through it, but it only puts me to sleep while getting rid of none of the physical sensations I'm dealing with (albeit I am keeping myself from having a seizure).

I forgot to add I've been taking anywhere from 1mg klonopin to 3mgs of klonopin a day for at least 3 months.

-dp

Last edited:
you shouldnt rush a benzo taper you need to taper little by little so youre brain and body can re adjust itself
to fast and you can go into WD
i wouldnt mess with the xanax to be honest i would do it with the klonopin because it has a shit ton longer half life than xanax

OK for the time being I'm using wine (as I can't have anything for the moment). I think what I'll do is use .25/.5mg of klonopin in the morning, then .25mg of xanax for any panic like feelings I may experience. I'll attempt to stay at .5mg of klonopin after that, then do the same thing after 2 weeks, but lower to .25mg klonopin and .15/.2mg of xanax for panic symptoms - then when 3rd week ends 2 days of .25mg xanax in a row (one .25mg each day) then nothing. I think that will work just fine.

Plans after that are 3 months sobriety of benzos, then casual/as needed use (as in once a month if that, or used in situations found warranted).

OK - so to update - and this is a first for me:
5 days, drinking wine only during my time I couldn't use, prevented (almost completely) all benzo withdrawal symptoms.
I did not drink to get drunk, I did one time by accident, and went to sleep after eating to make sure I wasn't depriving myself of the basics.
Box of wine = your friend

I see the above taper I wrote very possible now - I saw my PO, and I have some leeway now that I have a job so I should be OK. I don't want to go through this again but if I had to I would do it the way I just did - wine, wine, and wine. Obviously not driving and had nothing major to do, but I stayed pretty straight considering the mount i drank (not a big drinker but apparently it works for what it can for ya when you aren't someone who uses it much).

well someone correct me if i am wrong
but alcohol affects the gaba receptors which benzos do the same
so all you're basically doing is prolonging the WD from the benzo using booze
even more so you are gonna exchange the benzo habit with a booze habit now

its not about avoiding WD from the benzos using booze again alcohol and benzos affect the gaba receptors so as soon as you stop drinking the gaba receptors are gonna go crazy trying to re adjust

WD is gonna hit you no matter what you do
the thing is there is no accurate way to measure out how much you booze you need to keep you safe
as alcohol has a very very short half life and given that alcohol WD lasts about a week a benzo WD can last much longer from weeks to months

drop the booze and taper its been proven to work

Last edited: