• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need some advice with doctor on prescription!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous97

Greenlighter
Hello. I have a rare allergy called cholinergic urticaria. Basically, it's a heat allergy. I'll sum it up the best way possible. basically, I get chronic stinging pain on my back and chest and back of my knees and to a degree, my arms. I was prescribed percocet for a wisdom tooth extraction. It helped me due to it being Oxy (which relieved the pain) and of course the Acetaminophen helped as a fever reducer. I was able to do more things like wear more layers of clothes in a 80+ degree or so college classroom. How can I get my allergy doctor to prescribe me Percocet? Do I plead my case or what?

Sorry it is against the rules to have any form of discussion about these subjects we are here to tell you HOW to TAKE drugs NOT how to GET drugs.

Your condition is not caused by heat per se but your body is having an allergic reaction to your own sweat.

You need an antihistamine.

im no doctor, just a recovering opiate addict w some experience with doctors.. You got about a zero percent chance of getting opiates for an allergy, even if you had legit pain issues a long term script for percs is a verrrry rare thing these days it seems

Sorry it is against the rules to have any form of discussion about these subjects we are here to tell you HOW to TAKE drugs NOT how to GET drugs.

I did read that, but in all honesty. I'm not scamming my doctor. I have a legit medical condition and in no way am I trying to dishonour my doctor. My doctor knows who I am, knows my condition somewhat, hell. She's even seen proof of it.

Your condition is not caused by heat per se but your body is having an allergic reaction to your own sweat.

You need an antihistamine.

I'm currently prescribed six or so antihistamines. I take Montelukast (I think it's spelled like that.) and hydroxyzine and the generic brand of Zrytec and as well as the brand name Allegra. Montelukast does help a bit, Hydroxyzine does nothing but make me super sleepy.

im no doctor, just a recovering opiate addict w some experience with doctors.. You got about a zero percent chance of getting opiates for an allergy, even if you had legit pain issues a long term script for percs is a verrrry rare thing these days it seems

Yeah, my allergy doctor knows that I have pain issues but hasn't suggested anything due to not really knowing how to treat the pain. Ouch. Since it's a rare condition, most doctors don't know how to deal with it. It comes in a variety of forms. My allergy, some people have it easy. Just rashes and a small bit of hives, than there's people like me who get the shit which is the stinging pain (way I'd describe it is being stung by fire ants on my chest, back, back of my knees and to a degree, some portions of my arms.).

Unfortunately, nothing really seems to help it allergy-medicine wise. So, I'm in the shit unfortunately. Most people suggest exercising or exposure to hot water (which according to them works.). Back last summer, I was pretty active, exercising, going out, etc. And I did notice that around late summer. My symptoms seemed to have disappeared than BOOM. Back around mid-october.

What you may have to do is get a referral to see a doctor who specializes in pain management. Being that you have a rare condition, regular GP's will probably not want to prescribe you oxycodone. You could also run this by your allergist. Like you said, just be honest and plead your case. The worst he could do is say no. Keep in mind there might be other types of pain medications that they recommend besides Percocet. You have to be open to whatever the doctors suggest. I have to close this as these types of threads are not permitted but wish you the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.